Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Newspaper Report

In this newspaper report:
    http://altoonamirror.com/page/conten...n.html?nav=742

There are several questions I have. (Emphasis added by me)
    Bush is charged with illegal possession of a gun by a felon, carrying a firearm without a license, violating the 48-hour waiting period, selling a gun without a license and possession of a small amount of marijuana.
    1. What 48 hour waiting period?

2. "selling a gun without a license"?

Not that I'm saying this guy shouldn't be locked up, but it seems to me they are just making stuff up now.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Newspaper Report

More info:

It looks like he is charged with violating:
    18 § 6111 §§ A1

Which states:
    18 Pa.C.S. § 6111: Sale or transfer of firearms
    (a) Time and manner of delivery.--
    (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), no seller shall deliver a firearm to the purchaser or transferee thereof until 48 hours shall have elapsed from the time of the application for the purchase thereof, and, when delivered, the firearm shall be securely wrapped and shall be unloaded.
    (2) Thirty days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin that the Instantaneous Criminal History Records Check System has been established in accordance with the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Public Law 103- 159, 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq.), no seller shall deliver a firearm to the purchaser thereof until the provisions of this section have been satisfied, and, when delivered, the firearm shall be securely wrapped and shall be unloaded.
    So it looks like that is a bogus charge.

He is also charged with violating:
    18 § 6111 §§ C
    (c) Duty of other persons.--Any person who is not a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person shall do so only upon the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff's office, the latter of whom shall follow the procedure set forth in this section as if he were the seller of the firearm. The provisions of this section shall not apply to transfers between spouses or to transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild.
    So this charge looks legit.