Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can you beat this Ammo Price?

You guys may have heard about it before, but 9mm Tul Ammo is priced at $9.97 a box/50 at Walmart. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find anything that beats that price per box, even bulk reloads, once you add in shipping. (cheaper than dirt is famous for its $30 shipping fees for 1 box of ammo) I can rarely find it in stock, but between the 3 wal marts in my area I can usually find 5 or 6 boxes at a time.

Other than reloading yourself, anyone know anywhere that can beat this price for target ammo?

I know people have their opinions on non brass casing, but I hear nothing but good things about it.

Default Re: Can you beat this Ammo Price?

If you dont reload thats a good deal, but I usually get federal for about the same price or the big box of umc 250 for $60 but I reload so having brass is worth it to me. or freedommunitions.com blaster ammo $43 for 250 plus $13 shipping
    Last edited by USMC3531; November 29th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    You guys may have heard about it before, but 9mm Tul Ammo is priced at $9.97 a box/50 at Walmart. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find anything that beats that price per box, even bulk reloads, once you add in shipping. (cheaper than dirt is famous for its $30 shipping fees for 1 box of ammo) I can rarely find it in stock, but between the 3 wal marts in my area I can usually find 5 or 6 boxes at a time.

Other than reloading yourself, anyone know anywhere that can beat this price for target ammo?

I know people have their opinions on non brass casing, but I hear nothing but good things about it.
    Eh, the 9mm 115gr FMJ Federal 100 packs are only $19.97. About the same price point with brass casings.

The WWB's are somewhere around $23 for a 100 pack.

So the short answer is, No that is about the cheapest price for ammo?

UMC Big box 250 rounds/$60 = $12.00 per 50/box (too much)

Federal 100 rounds/$19.97= $9.98 per 50/box (where do you get these? My walmart doesnt carry them, Federal there is around $12 per 50)
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; November 29th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

(Chester County)

Federal 100 rounds/$19.97= $9.98 per 50/box (where do you get these? My walmart doesnt carry them, Federal there is around $12 per 50)
    Walmart. They don't stay in stock long when they are there so if I see I usually try to grab at least two boxes.

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...Box&groupid=46

Add shipping and it would still be less considering no tax. Tula = Wolf = Brown Bear. AIM Surplus is consistently a good source. If you want to compare prices, use ammoengine.com.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Cumberland County)

I stopped using Tula - problems in auto's and even my revolvers ( won't extract, they seem to swell to the point I have to punch them out ) and I definitly don't go into a Walmart, even to save $1 or $2 on a box of ammo. No snob here, just can't stand Wally World - nothing is worth going in there for. I stick to my local gunshop usually - always has brass ammo ( federal, american, etc. ) for $11.99 a box every day, $14.99 for .40. Good price, good conversation, and support my gunshop. I have nothing at all against going to the big box stores - just not Wally's!

(Butler County)

If you can find any 9mm ammo now for less than $10 a box,grab it. Don't worry about a buck or two difference between brass or steel cased.The online retailers will restock soon after the post-election frenzy,and 500 rds of steel case ammo for around $90 will become commonplace. I was buying a Mosin 91/30 and some mags from AIM awhile back,adding 500 rds of Brown Bear 9mm for $89.95 only bumped up the shipping costs $3. SGAmmo is another great online source,just wait out the panic buying to get the best deals.
    Reloading is still the best way to go. Lead bullets,Bullseye or Unique powder,and your talking $5-$6 for 50 rds. Plus a lot of fun learning a new hobby.

(Lehigh County)

So the short answer is, No that is about the cheapest price for ammo?

UMC Big box 250 rounds/$60 = $12.00 per 50/box (too much)

I get the federal 100 round boxes at my local Wal-Mart (all three local carry them but stock is low as mentioned). From what I've heard about non brass I'll spend the extra 3 cents.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I stopped using Tula - problems in auto's and even my revolvers ( won't extract, they seem to swell to the point I have to punch them out ) and I definitly don't go into a Walmart, even to save $1 or $2 on a box of ammo. No snob here, just can't stand Wally World - nothing is worth going in there for. I stick to my local gunshop usually - always has brass ammo ( federal, american, etc. ) for $11.99 a box every day, $14.99 for .40. Good price, good conversation, and support my gunshop. I have nothing at all against going to the big box stores - just not Wally's!
    I have the opposite experience. Never had problems with .223 Tula in my ARs nor 9mm in my Glocks. No problems with extraction. My Kahr MK9 doesn't like low-powered ammo so if any gun you have is like the Kahr, then Tula isn't for you.

Keep an eye on AIM Surplus. They have brass 9mm for around $10.50/box + shipping from time to time. I buy most of my ammo from them.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast