Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Targets at Scotia Range?

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Technically.
    But I know of few who got a license without it. You just needs to go to right place(Walmart) at the right time(middle of night when regular sporting goods guys aren't there)...

I'll be happy to take you under my permit sometime for you to check it out to see if you think its worse it. Just PM me
    And if they are ever checked by a WCO and they run the license and name thru the CAD it will show that there was no HTE class. Citations will follow.

Its not technically illegal, it is illegal to buy a hunting license without HTE unless you fit the criteria for not having to take it.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    And if they are ever checked by a WCO and they run the license and name thru the CAD it will show that there was no HTE class. Citations will follow.

Its not technically illegal, it is illegal to buy a hunting license without HTE unless you fit the criteria for not having to take it.
    Just out of curiosity what are the criteria for not having to take it? I took the test when I was 12, just curious as to why you dont need to take it.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by psucivil View Post
    Just out of curiosity what are the criteria for not having to take it? I took the test when I was 12, just curious as to why you dont need to take it.
    Title 34 Sec 2704

(b) Hunter education.--Persons who have not held a hunting license lawfully issued to them in this Commonwealth or another state or nation or have not hunted under the exceptions in section 2706 (relating to resident license and fee exemptions) or do not possess a certificate of training approved by the director prior to the enactment of this title shall be required to attain accreditation in a hunter education program approved by the director before a hunting license is issued to them. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to a person who presents:
    (1) Evidence of service in the armed forces of the United States or in the United States Coast Guard and discharge or separation under honorable conditions within six months of the date of application.
    (2) Evidence that the person is currently serving in the armed forces of the United States or in the United States Coast Guard.

John F Kennedy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    Title 34 Sec 2704

(b) Hunter education.--Persons who have not held a hunting license lawfully issued to them in this Commonwealth or another state or nation or have not hunted under the exceptions in section 2706 (relating to resident license and fee exemptions) or do not possess a certificate of training approved by the director prior to the enactment of this title shall be required to attain accreditation in a hunter education program approved by the director before a hunting license is issued to them. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to a person who presents:
    (1) Evidence of service in the armed forces of the United States or in the United States Coast Guard and discharge or separation under honorable conditions within six months of the date of application.
    (2) Evidence that the person is currently serving in the armed forces of the United States or in the United States Coast Guard.
    I did not know that there were any military provisions. Thanks for the information. Rep sent

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    But wouldn't they have to take the hunters saftey course to be able to do that?
    I was wondering the same...

(Centre County)

I'll be happy to take you under my permit sometime for you to check it out to see if you think its worse it. Just PM me
    Nice, thank you - much appreciated! I will keep it in mind.

(Centre County)

no steel plate or reactive target
    This is what I want to shoot at most. I have one on my Christmas list. If I get it, I hope I can get away with using it at Scotia! Shooting at paper targets just isn't gratifying enough.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by rtba26 View Post
    This is what I want to shoot at most. I have one on my Christmas list. If I get it, I hope I can get away with using it at Scotia! Shooting at paper targets just isn't gratifying enough.
    you cant use it at any PGC range its illegal.

John F Kennedy.

(Centre County)

Got a gift certificate for Scotia Range for Christmas. No metal targets under the tree.... So what kind of targets are we allowed to use at Scotia - soda cans, milk jugs, or something like the below link?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

(Centre County)

Paper targets.

Thats all they allow.

No reactive target, no soda can's, milk jugs, or Impact Seal Ground-Bouncing Hot Box Reactive Target from warmart.

With that being said, some of us have shot other stuff(in my case, spinning goundhog target) in the past, and RO didn't seem to mind that.
    But your on your own to shoot anything other then a paper target
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast