Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Florida teen shot and killed over loud music

whats everyones thoughts on this one?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ic-police-say/

(CBS) Jacksonville, Fla. - Police say a 45-year-old man was taken into custody Saturday for fatally shooting a Florida teenager last week at a Jacksonville gas station after an argument that began over loud music.

Michael Dunn made his first court appearance Monday in Brevard County where he pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis, CBS affiliate WTEV reports.

At a press conference Monday, Lt. Rob Schoonover of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said the deadly incident occurred around 7:40 p.m. Friday.

Schoonover said Davis was sitting in a parked SUV with three other teens, when Dunn parked next to their vehicle and made a comment about the loud music the group was playing. The 45-year-old apparently got into an argument with Davis, who was sitting in the back seat. During the altercation, Dunn allegedly took out a gun and shot into the vehicle, striking Davis twice. Schoonover says the vehicle had been shot 8 or 9 times in total, but no one else was injured.

Dunn and his girlfriend, who was inside the gas station during the shooting, drove away from the scene, police said.

Investigators are still trying to find out why the argument escalated into violence.

"It was loud," Schoonover said about the teens' music. "They admitted that. But I mean that's not a reason for someone to open fire on them and take action."

Dunn claims he fired his weapon because he felt threatened, police say.

Schoonover said Dunn had apparently been driving to a hotel from his son's wedding when he stopped at the gas station.

Default Re: Florida teen shot and killed over loud music

Well, in the law of the jungle, he who is quiet and stealthy survives. The loud and abnoxious draw attention from predators and the cycle of life is completed.

I don't like loud music. Any loud music. Never have. I realize modern people have an intense fascination with music and go to great ends to be able to plug into something to listen go music. I, on the other hand, could live life just fine without music. I own, 8 CD's I think, and four of them are instructional videos. Yup, have an Iphone, not one video or music song in it. Now that is not to say I don't like softly played music, because I do. But my life does not revolve around it.

Now, onto the story. The kid died because he was a disrespectful little twerp, as well as his buddies, and I'm ok with one less little asshole kid not being on US Soil.
    If the kids had shown "RESPECT" I doubt the man with the gun would have initiated contact. Yup, the punks caused it, the man ended it.

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; November 28th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

(Lancaster County)

The guy who was shot was in the back seat of the car? All the shooter had to do was walk away. He should be charged on this one. I would wonder whether or not the shooter was under the influence given he was coming from a wedding.

(Cumberland County)

It doesnt have anything to do with the actions of either parties, but I am just curious if this guy wasnt armed if he would have asked/told these kids to turn down the music. Shooting into a carload of kids who were retreating because he thought he saw a firearm is a flimsy defense at best. But I was not there and didnt see it go down.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Well, in the law of the jungle, he who is quiet and stealthy survives. The loud and abnoxious draw attention from predators and the cycle of life is completed.

I don't like loud music. Any loud music. Never have. I realize modern people have an intense fascination with music and go to great ends to be able to plug into something to listen go music. I, on the other hand, could live life just fine without music. I own, 8 CD's I think, and four of them are instructional videos. Yup, have an Iphone, not one video or music song in it. Now that is not to say I don't like softly played music, because I do. But my life does not revolve around it.

Now, onto the story. The kid died because he was a disrespectful little twerp, as well as his buddies, and I'm ok with one less little asshole kid not being on US Soil.
    If they kids truly showed "RESPECT" I doubt the man with the gun would have initiated contact. Yup, the punks caused it, the man ended it.

CL
    What if it were your "asshole" kid?

(Allegheny County)

If they kids truly showed "RESPECT" I doubt the man with the gun would have initiated contact. Yup, the punks caused it, the man ended it.

CL
    Congratulations on probably the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this forum. A 17 year old was listening to music so he deserves to die? If you really feel that way I don't think you should have access to any firearms period.

Seeing how I don't listen to music very often and when I do, it's very low in volume, I can't how I would have been the asshole kid.

Now, if you mean when I was a kid, well, I didn't listen to music then either and when I did, guess what, it was very low in volume.

Never owned records. I think I got a cassette tape when I was 10 or 11 for Christmas, Kenny Rogers. Other than that, I don't recall ever buying or having records or 8tracks or cassettes.

Music was just not my thing. And yes, I freaking hate loud music, especially from cars.

CL

(Lancaster County)

Seeing how I don't listen to music very often and when I do, it's very low in volume, I can't how I would have been the asshole kid.

Now, if you mean when I was a kid, well, I didn't listen to music then either and when I did, guess what, it was very low in volume.

Never owned records. I think I got a cassette tape when I was 10 or 11 for Christmas, Kenny Rogers. Other than that, I don't recall ever buying or having records or 8tracks or cassettes.

Music was just not my thing. And yes, I freaking hate loud music, especially from cars.

CL
    That's not the point at all. You can't start an altercation and have it end with a shooting because someone is doing something you find annoying or disrespectful. If anything, you have a responsibility to be more cautious about your interactions with the public if you're going to carry.

(Allegheny County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Customloaded, I dont often make personal attacks, but you sir, are a shithead. I don't think I need to explain how I come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    Congratulations on probably the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this forum. A 17 year old was listening to music so he deserves to die? If you really feel that way I don't think you should have access to any firearms period.
    As society continues to spiral out of control, these little things that righteous people think are so horrible, well, aren't.

Don't upset the animals Bro. Don't bring attention to yourself. Blend in. Basic survival ideology. If you can't grasp that, can't help ya.

Guess I'm just too callused to really give a shit.

CL

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast