Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club

Anyone here a member of the club? I'm going to stop in on Friday for their open trap shoot with some friends who are just getting into the sport (and shooting in general). I'd love to say hi if you're going to be around!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by volanova View Post
    Anyone here a member of the club? I'm going to stop in on Friday for their open trap shoot with some friends who are just getting into the sport (and shooting in general). I'd love to say hi if you're going to be around!
    I've been a member for 37 years, however I won't be at the shoot. Don't hesitate to strike up a conversation with the guys running the shoot or the other members in attendance as they are a great bunch of guys.

If you have any questions concerning the club, I'm sure that they would be happy to answer them.

Bill

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    I've been a member for 37 years, however I won't be at the shoot. Don't hesitate to strike up a conversation with the guys running the shoot or the other members in attendance as they are a great bunch of guys.

If you have any questions concerning the club, I'm sure that they would be happy to answer them.

Bill
    I've been out once before a while back with people who were new to trap shooting, and they were a very welcoming bunch. Even had a few members offer to let the others borrow shotguns since we were just sharing my lone Benelli and it didn't fit the others very well.

If I wasn't leaving for Navy OCS in a couple of months, I'd get a membership in a heartbeat.

(Montgomery County)

I am sometimes at the Friday night shoot, though I am sure to start missing some around the holidays.

Oh, when you go on active duty your dues get waived. Not sure how exactly it works, but I can ask about it for you. Maybe you can join for a few months.
    Last edited by Remington788; November 28th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I am sometimes at the Friday night shoot, though I am sure to start missing some around the holidays.

Oh, when you go on active duty your dues get waived. Not sure how exactly it works, but I can ask about it for you. Maybe you can join for a few months.
    Oh yeah? Interesting...I'll actually have to look into that if that's the case. Please do ask around, I'll also ask a bit tomorrow too.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post

We have an excellent web site and answers to many of your questions can be found there. From our bylaws:

Section 7. Members of the Armed Forces, while on active duty, shall be considered in continuous good standing without payment of yearly dues until separation from said armed forces. Such extension of membership shall only be honored upon proper notification to the Club. This provision shall not apply to those who have reenlisted or are pursuing a career in the armed forces.

I don't know if your situation would apply.

Bill

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    We have an excellent web site and answers to many of your questions can be found there. From our bylaws:

Section 7. Members of the Armed Forces, while on active duty, shall be considered in continuous good standing without payment of yearly dues until separation from said armed forces. Such extension of membership shall only be honored upon proper notification to the Club. This provision shall not apply to those who have reenlisted or are pursuing a career in the armed forces.

I don't know if your situation would apply.

Bill
    I have been trying to figure out how this would work. What I think (and it is just speculation) is that if you are away on duty and the membership year ends, your membership would be held "open" until you return. You would not have to go through the application process again.