Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Dual app holster - HK P30 .40 + FN FNX-9

I wanted to chime in and see if this is a dumb idea. Primarily because everything I've ever done in my life I've had to buy twice, sometimes three times. I have a closet full of dumb ideas - let's just put it that way.

I have been reading on some forums that some HK P30 holsters fit the FN FNX-9 like the Blackhawk Serpa paddle that is made for the P30 - albeit most people saying it's not an optimal fit on the FN. I just searched Safariland for ALS paddle on both weapons and on each the model # 5198 came up. So I was thinking hmmmm....maybe the P30 and the FNX are that close that other manufacturers have products that dual-fit. So I called Safariland and told them that 5198 showed up in both weapon searches using their wizard and she said it is not what I was thinking - she said it's the model + fit # + color that determine the whole part number not just the model # so she said I would need two separate holsters.

So I'm back to the Blackhawk Serpa. Am I really just wishful thinking that it would work for both and just wasting my time and money? Are there any options I have to form like a "base" system upon which I can just interchange the mold for the firearm? Are they really worth it? If so - are there any that are significantly better than others? Appreciate any feedback. What I'm looking for is a paddle for both as I will mostly use it at the range or OC - maybe CC in the winter with a large coat - I'm thin and short so being realistic I won't conceal well with either of these arms - that's why I primarily only CC my Ruger LC9.

Default Re: Dual app holster - HK P30 .40 + FN FNX-9

Quote Originally Posted by galvanni View Post
    Primarily because everything I've ever done in my life I've had to buy twice, sometimes three times.
    I always get it right the first time...

Optimally, you want the one made for the gun. This may be a case where you have to buy two. Holsters that hold a gun, but not perfectly, will cause undue wear in some spots and, IMO, aren't as safe as they could be. I'd say not to compromise, here. JMHO
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Monroe County)

Blade Tech may have something that will work for you. +1 on getting the holster made for specific gun.

(Bucks County)

I see the point - pony up now or pay even more later. Thanks.