Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    backthere, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Another thread recently got me thinkin'... Has anyone noticed that they have been keeping low inventory the past year or so(could have been longer)? I really enjoy stopping by but, it is tough these days since they cannot give an ETA of an ordered item due to their lack of a computer system that is connected to their distributors and appear to only deal with them via mail order. Am I the only customer that notices this stuff?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Berks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    668
    Rep Power
    6540

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Quote Originally Posted by XD.40 View Post
    Another thread recently got me thinkin'... Has anyone noticed that they have been keeping low inventory the past year or so(could have been longer)? I really enjoy stopping by but, it is tough these days since they cannot give an ETA of an ordered item due to their lack of a computer system that is connected to their distributors and appear to only deal with them via mail order. Am I the only customer that notices this stuff?
    About 2 years ago I went in with a friend who was looking for mags for his S&W 22A. Dave ordered them and told him to check back, so about every other week we would go in there and ask about the mags and every time he said they didn't come in yet. Never mentioned if they were back ordered or what and didn't seem to care which I know is par for the course. In the mean time I found the mags on the interwebs but my buddy still wanted to buy them there, especially since he had them ordered. We went in a few more times over the next few months and he just kept saying they weren't in yet so my buddy gave up...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Williamsport, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    2652

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    If Jerry's does not have it, they don't have it. Jerry's runs a truck to Dealers so there are no shipping charges which means lower prices but less inventory. They will accept shipments from other Dealers/Suppliers...you pay the extra for shipping and delivery.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    backthere, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    If Jerry's does not have it, they don't have it. Jerry's runs a truck to Dealers so there are no shipping charges which means lower prices but less inventory. They will accept shipments from other Dealers/Suppliers...you pay the extra for shipping and delivery.
    Can I assume that Jerry's is their distributor? They should be able to make a call and find out a stock query before ordering though. Apparently, they don't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Berks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    668
    Rep Power
    6540

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    If Jerry's does not have it, they don't have it. Jerry's runs a truck to Dealers so there are no shipping charges which means lower prices but less inventory. They will accept shipments from other Dealers/Suppliers...you pay the extra for shipping and delivery.
    After a couple months you'd think he'd call JSC and ask if they'll ever get it in stock. Doesn't matter to me, I wasn't the one looking for them and after buying two guns and a bunch of reloading components and mags there I was still treated like a suspicious stranger so I find what I need elsewhere.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Williamsport, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    2652

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    After a couple months you'd think he'd call JSC and ask if they'll ever get it in stock. Doesn't matter to me, I wasn't the one looking for them and after buying two guns and a bunch of reloading components and mags there I was still treated like a suspicious stranger so I find what I need elsewhere.
    You are correct! I even went to Gander Mtn and got a spare mag for my Buckmark .22 just because they had it. Paid $10 too much but have it. They were not in stock online anywhere, Mike.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Warminster, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    35460

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    I have bought a couple of firearms there and transfered a couple also. The shop is similar to what a lot of the local shops are. Very cramped and poorly laid out floor plan. Lots of very old inventory. Troxells does have a pretty good selection of handguns on display but not many used ones. I'd still rather do business with Troxells than Tripoli's. I would make the trip Nationals in Jersey Shore if your not happy with Troxells. Just my .02 .

    bacher2741
    ED BRown EVO KC9, PAP 92, Kimber SS Raptor Pro II, Sig 229 Elite Dark
    RRA Tact Op II, S&W 686, HK P2000, Henry BB .357, Sig 226 Legion SAO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Williamsport, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    2652

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    I use to stop in at National when Dave owned it. The new owner likes the same toys I do and is a good guy. Just don't get up their way much. They are priced a bit higher than Troxells but have the stuff! I've known Frank at Tripolis for years. Good guy but priced a bit high also. I like used stuff at great prices and Sauer's Trading and Troxells get some nice stuff. Just picked up a left handed 257 Weatherby Accumark for $580 with Leupold bases/rings and Redding Dies....a steal at Troxells. I do well at Sauers also.
    Last edited by mgs; November 29th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    You are correct! I even went to Gander Mtn and got a spare mag for my Buckmark .22 just because they had it. Paid $10 too much but have it. They were not in stock online anywhere, Mike.
    Oh god no...

    Did some random employee come up to you to try and help only to argue with you that you are wrong and magazines have words and pages and they only carry clips even after you explain to him his misconception? And you STILL walked out the door with a sample of all their overpriced bullshit that they have no knowledge about?

    Shame on you! You must REPENT! 10 hail Marys for you my son...

    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Williamsport, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    2652

    Default Re: Troxell's Sporting Goods

    Nope....knew what I needed.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dunhams Sporting Goods
    By jimbo082 in forum Shops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
  2. Ace Sporting Goods
    By Johannes_Paulsen in forum Shops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 1st, 2011, 08:00 AM
  3. Ace Sporting goods has ARs
    By mojo in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
  4. Danny's Sporting Goods, SR 322
    By bigbear in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 27th, 2008, 11:09 PM
  5. Ace sporting goods,
    By yobos4vr in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops