Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm tulammo

Default 9mm tulammo

Was wandering through my local wallyworld and they had 50rd boxes of 9mm115gn fmj of tulammo for less than $10.

Anybody ever shoot it?

I have always considered it pretty crappy ammo and have gone with other brands for paper punching, but now that cheap Target ammo is getting harder to find.....

Grabbed a few boxes, hopefully I can get some range time this week.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: 9mm tulammo

I have shot a couple hundred rounds of the tulammo 9mm and I have not noticed any difference in accuracy or amount of fouling compared to the federal 115gr FMJ I usually shoot. I have however had about a half dozen bad primers out of the 200 or so rounds I have fired. For the price its not bad but when I can get the 100 round value packs of federal 115gr FMJ at walmart, I buy that as opposed to tulammo.

I usually get the federal as well. Out of the 1000 or so rounds I haveput through my ruger I have had 0 ftf and the accuracy is good enough for me. For the past few months the federal has been harder to find and I am now thinning out my stock. Winchester shoots well enough, hopefully the tul will as well.

Since I haven't pulled the trigger on reloading yet, brass vs steel doesent make a difference unless it fouls or doesent feed.

(Philadelphia County)

I've got a couple FTE when shooting steel that I normally don't get with brass, but it works fine for plinking. I've heard it can cause jams if you go back and forth between a lot of steel and brass without cleaning so I try to clean between trips if I can. It makes sense to me because the steel doesn't expand as much as brass so you get more powder blowing back around the cases.

Guess I could shoot 500 rounds of each out of clean guns to test the dirtiness factor myself, sounds like a good excuse for more range trips.

(York County)

I pick up two boxes of either the 9mm or 7.62X39 every time I am in Walmart. For someone that shoots a lot, it's good stuff. The only complaint I hear from people about Tula is that it's a little dirtier than other ammo. I don't mind because I like cleaning my guns.

GB

(Dauphin County)

I have found TULAmmo (and Herters, Cabela's Russian "value" ammo), which I have fired in 5.56, 9x17, and 9x19 to be dirtier and more prone to mis-fires than other brands I have used. The stuff is inexpensive to be sure, and your threshold for dirt and reliability may be higher than others, but for the same price (on sale) I have bought Freedom Munition's Blaster ammo, which is brass-cased blemished remans, and have experienced zero mis-fires.

Get four shooters in the same room talking ammo and you will get six opinions on what works best.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Pike County)

I owned my M&P 9 for 13 months now and put 2500 rounds down range, 2000 of those rounds have been Tula 9mm. To date I haven't had one failure with this pistol. Tula for me has been reliable, cheap, runs as clean as anything else I shot and is as accurate as the Federal's HST JHP's I load for defense that cost 2.5x times more then the same amount of Tula. I don't believe the myths about accelerated wear as I just don't see it from my own personal experience.

I say buy a box or two, shoot it down range and if you have no issues stock up. I saved a lot of money on 9mm because of Tula and if it wasn't for this cheap ammo I wouldn't be as proficient of a shot as I am today.

(Dauphin County)

Cheaper than dirt has Armsor 9mm for $9.99. Shipping vs sales tax would be the difference. Plus it's brass 124gr.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Bucks County)

I have used it in 9mm and 45 mm and have had no issues wth them .I thought I shouldnt use it since I did the blazer and had issues with them .But as of now no issues with the tulammo.

(Clinton County)

an argentinian hi-power didn't like steel case ammo, but every other 9mm i have shoots it well.

i reload, but shoot tula stuff from 9x19s, 9 maks and 40 s&w's because i hate chasing brass sometimes and it's nearly as economical.
    ignorance is fixable...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast