Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default NHRPC CARBINE & PRECISION/DMR MATCH Dec 15

12/15/2012, 0830 Mandatory Safety Briefing

Classes: CQB Carbine or Long Range Precision Rifle

Fee: $20 members, $30 guests

Required Equipment:

Carbine: Zeroed, centerfire modern sporting rifle with at least three magazines. Pistol with strong side holster (drop leg is fine but no crossdraw/vests), 100 rounds rifle, 20 rounds pistol. Eye & Ear protection. Chamber safe device (for sale at the club for a buck).

Precision/DMR: 60 rounds of match grade ammunition and all the usual trappings and accoutrements of precision riflery as we practice it.

Online Registration:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WUN3TkpLMVE6MQ

December will see a return to a shorter, more CQB oriented CoF for the Carbine side of the house. Max distance should be under 100Y.

For the Precision side, I am still working on the CoF and will post it here when done. Expect some moving targets, pop-ups, work on the steel out to 637Y, and some good old fashioned problem solving.

––Fargo007

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NHRPC CARBINE & PRECISION/DMR MATCH Dec 15

Precision is sold out! Spots for carbine shooters still remain.

Hi Shooters,

We will be running a brief side match on 12/15 after the conclusion of our regular reindeer games. Half the proceeds go to the winner, the other half will go to a 501c3 charity, HeroesOfTomorrow.org.

Participation is of course optional.

Heroes Of Tomorrow is run by Stew Smith, a retired US Navy SEAL. On his own time, and without compensation Stew trains prospective US Special Operations candidates (I read this as 'kids') to prepare them for success in the rigorous training programs they are headed to. All of the money goes toward buying the equipment needed, and offsetting fees for their use of swimming pools and gyms.

His program works, and I am sure you will agree that right now we need a whole lot more of the type of person Stew is working so hard to develop.

Here is how the side match will work:

We will all fire at a single, standard B27 target, one at a time. The target will be pulled after each shot, and the hits will be individually marked with who fired them. No information as to who is the closest will be revealed until nobody wishes to purchase any more rounds.

The cost will be $5.00 per shot.

There is no limit to the amount of shots you may fire.

When there are no more takers, the contest will be declared closed. Whomever has fired the closest round to the center, wins half the pot. The other half goes to HeroesOfTomorrow.org.

I hope you decide to participate because I would love to make this a regular thing. Let's see how much fun it is. ;-)

--Fargo007