Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: First trip to Guthsville Rod and Gun Club

Is Dale the bigger older guy? If so he has harassed me also, i was shooting there mid December on the 50 yard range, old guy on the left right of me was having trouble with his M1, so he was back and forth from his car. People on the right of me shooting, we stop shooting i asked the people to the right if i can go change my target they said yes, old guy to the left was sitting in his car with the door closed, so i go up and change targets, i come back the old guy is at the shooting bench and this older bigger guy i think he walked with a cane comes up and asks me if i told the old guy with the M1 that i was going up to change my target, i said "no he was sitting in his car when i went to change it" he said well you should of told him i said "he was sitting in his car for a couple of minutes he wasn't at the firing line" he says again well you should of told him so i said to this guy "so if someone is sitting in their car over there i should go knock on their window and tell them that i am going to to change my target?" He looks at me get this weird look on his face and asks are you even a member here so i show him my badge that was attached to my shooting bad in plane sight, he looks at it and walks away and says next time tell him, i said sorry but im not going to walk across and knock on someones window that was sitting in his car to tell them that im going to change my target. He just kept walking.
    IANAL

(Lehigh County)

Not sure who that was. But agree with you that's a little much. Would have done same as you.

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Is Dale the bigger older guy? If so he has harassed me also, i was shooting there mid December on the 50 yard range, old guy on the left right of me was having trouble with his M1, so he was back and forth from his car. People on the right of me shooting, we stop shooting i asked the people to the right if i can go change my target they said yes, old guy to the left was sitting in his car with the door closed, so i go up and change targets, i come back the old guy is at the shooting bench and this older bigger guy i think he walked with a cane comes up and asks me if i told the old guy with the M1 that i was going up to change my target, i said "no he was sitting in his car when i went to change it" he said well you should of told him i said "he was sitting in his car for a couple of minutes he wasn't at the firing line" he says again well you should of told him so i said to this guy "so if someone is sitting in their car over there i should go knock on their window and tell them that i am going to to change my target?" He looks at me get this weird look on his face and asks are you even a member here so i show him my badge that was attached to my shooting bad in plane sight, he looks at it and walks away and says next time tell him, i said sorry but im not going to walk across and knock on someones window that was sitting in his car to tell them that im going to change my target. He just kept walking.
    The older guy with the cane is not Dale. I know who he is, but I forget his name at the moment. Again, I am not defending his actions, but I do have this to add. Regardless of where someone is - on the firing line, in his car, whatever - if he or she has a gun on the line, or other shooting equipment that makes it look like they could come back at any moment, I am going to make VERY sure that that person knows I am downrange. There are too many people who just don't think, and I don't want one of them loading up a rifle while I am standing at the target line.

The older guys who hang out there are really not trying to make your life miserable. They may not be the most diplomatic or even considerate sometimes, but they are trying to keep people from shooting holes in things that should not have holes in them. Take a look at the relatively new metal roof on the 50 yd range next time you are there. There are two holes in it, right next to one another. How does someone shoot the roof twice!?!

If someone there does something you consider unsafe or inconsiderate, tell him about it. If that doesn't work, talk to the board. Coming here to complain does no good beyond perhaps making you feel better about it for a little while. And the guy with the cane? The first time I met him he was busting my chops pretty hard in a sort of good natured sort of way on the 100 yd range, right up until I shot these last four shots off a sandbag in fairly quick succession. He was spotting for me along with my son-in-law while I sighted in a rifle. After seeing this, he sort of quieted down some. Those squares are 1" on a side.

(Lehigh County)

I have been a member for 13 years and I appreciate when they ask me for my membership card I have always enjoyed the conversation that follows after I have taken out my membership card the gentleman that check the cards are normally a wealth of information and a joy to speak with. both my children now members there as well and they love it too

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Northampton County)

I was looking to join next month.

Can I walk in any time and take a tour?

Or can I only take a tour during the new membership sessions? I assume I can also sign up and pay the night of the new member meeting?

(Lehigh County)

your best bet for a tour would be to set one up with a member ahead of time since I rarely see anyone in the clubhouse when I go. also, if you decide to join, I would recommend putting your membership application in on the website before attending the safety briefing to save some time.

I've been a member there for a year now and have never seen anyone checking badges. but then, there's usually only a few members at the times I go (after 3pm on weekends). it's a nice range and I've got a few friends looking to join this year as well.

(Lehigh County)

Was here once as a kid with a neighbor who shot bow & arrow. My business partner is a member, I just haven't been able to make it down on any of the dates to actually sign up / my schedule sucks. Look forward to joining soon though.

(Lehigh County)

You now need someone to sponsor you.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmlpa View Post
    You now need someone to sponsor you.
    Thanks, I know. As stated, my business partner is a sponsor.

(Lehigh County)

I finally got there yesterday. Since I haven't shot in over a month, needed some testing done. 50 yrd. About 6:30 last night. 1 other person at the range, down on the 100. That was it. I usually see Dale during the day when I go. There are a few brass pickers there that are really starting to piss me off. I was at the 25yrd. trying to sight in a .22, here comes this guy in a car, stops, throws the garbage can on the table where all my stuff was and announces, hey, i'm just looking for brass, got any? After he knocked some of my stuff over, I told him leave now, before you really piss me off and we have a problem. Another time there is a guy there, large guy, walks with a cane, he strolls around picking up brass, never seen him do anything else. While I'm shooting, he's walking on the range, I have to stop shooting and wait for this whale to stroll by. Other than these 2 idiots, it is a very nice range, usually quiet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast