Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Possible self defense shooting Lawrence County

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    The shooter had also just returned from Iraq.
    Well that's just fucking wonderful, after having to deal with shitheads in a foreign country, he comes back to his home country only to find that he has to deal with home grown shitheads.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

This is the first I heard of this. Thanks for posting.

With the facts that were made public it certainly seems odd for him to be in jail.

We can only hope that truth prevails or else this could be bad across the board.
    b-rad

(Northampton County)

What a crock. I really hope the people doing this face some Karma, because I know they won't face Justice.

(Jefferson County)

Sometimes there are things going on behind the scenes than we know about.

The dead guy could be one of the good'ole boys, a relative of a LEO/DA/judge, or a possible other situation going on. ...I'm not saying that to justify the DA bringing up the shooter with charges, but crap like that still happens in America despite what the law says.

However, charges or not, the 1st degree murder is completely out of line even if the DA wanted a judge/jury to decide. 2nd degree should be tops, with manslaughter being the more proper charge.

Despite what happened within the bar, the shooter made effort to retreat to his vehicle and closed the door(assuming to leave). The dead guy, instead of going to his vehicle to leave, continued his aggression, opening the door of the shooter and attacking him. Hell, even if the shooter baited the guy into coming over to his vehicle, the dead guy was still in the wrong for opening the door of the shooter and attacking him.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Mercer County)

From the news story the eyewitness and the other gentleman who witnessed this start in the bar it seems to be a legal shoot. Not sure why 1st degree murder was applied when there was no premeditation. The assaulter entered the victims vehicle and proceeded to assault the victim. The victim then drew his weapon and shot the assaulter who happened to die. This veteran should not be sitting in jail on theese charges.
    I know I changed the victim part around but I feel this is how it should read.

Lightbulb Re: Possible self defense shooting Lawrence County

Alcohol has to have a part in this ?
    It doesn't add up ...
    Self defense !!!
    Or the DA is making an example of the poor guy ...

(Cumberland County)

Self defense aside (which I'd agree with)... But let's pretend it wasn't..... still first-degree murder is a bit harsh. How could they even consider this first-degree murder?

(Lawrence County)

Just found out that the guy killed, Keith Knox used to be ky neighbour when I was young. I dated his sister... SUX to find that out. The name didn't click until now.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Northumberland County)

first degree murder is , if he planned it, which he didnt, the DA needs to go back to basic law school....Frey was in his car (which the victim violated the shooters space and opened his door) he is charged but i highly doubt it he will be found guilty of murder, my prediction, with this info would be he is found not guilty or charged with manslaughter <(i highly doubt).

They need to explain the castle doctrine to all them dumbfounded DA's who got nothing but cobwebs in their heads...
    Last edited by TXDMERC73; November 20th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    WOW!

I'm going go give the police the benefit of the doubt and hope they are just holding him until they are sure that it's a self defense shooting.
    Why are the police entitled to any "benefit of the doubt"? They all get to go home. What about the guy who was apparently a VICTIM of an assault, who appears to have acted in self defense, and is now charged with FIRST DEGREE MURDER?

That ain't right. First degree murder requires two things: First, the killer must have INTENDED to take the life of the decedent; second, the killing must have been premeditated. On the basis of the story, I don't see anything to support a belief that either applies here. If the police absolutely felt that had to arrest the shooter, a charge of manslaughter would seem to be much more appropriate. It could always be upgraded to murder later if facts support such.

I see a prosecutor who needs to remove his head from where the sun don't shine.
    Last edited by Greywolf; November 20th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast