Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Default Re: Possible self defense shooting Lawrence County

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Facepalm.

Unless he was in an accident or something...

Otherwise this ruins any chance he had of successfully defending his actions (IMHO).

I know Gunlawyer001 will probably remind us about how the system can be stacked against you, however. I still find it disappointing, though.
    Unless he's looking for the one-armed man who can clear his name, this will not end well. You can't hide in the cracks of society without the right papers.

His best chance is to learn Spanish with a Mexican accent, show up at the border and seek amnesty under an assumed name. Hide among the 20 million others.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Edited for content...

His best chance is to learn Spanish with a Mexican accent, show up at the border and seek amnesty under an assumed name. Hide among the 20 million others.
    What's funny or scary depending on your viewpoint, I had the same exact thought.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Allegheny County)

GunLawyer, can you translate this for those of us not in the legal profession? I get there is going to be a hearing on the 15th, but what is "Rule Rtnb"

Latest addtion to the Docket on this case:

1 07/09/2014 07/07/2014 Motto, Dominick

Order of Court (Rule Issued Upon Counsel;Rule Rtnb at Hrg On July 15,2014 @9:00 Am in Ctrm #1)
    7/9/14 ca,da,apo,Atty Gettleman-mailed
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlcole View Post
    GunLawyer, can you translate this for those of us not in the legal profession? I get there is going to be a hearing on the 15th, but what is "Rule Rtnb"

Latest addtion to the Docket on this case:

Thanks
    Rule Returnable
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Venango County)

1 07/11/2014 Motto, Dominick
    Bench Warrant - Failure to Appear (Rescinded - Adjudicated)
    The latest as of yesterday. Appears that 15JUL14 is another scheduled hearing.
    Does the adjudication mentioned above mean that the Bail and failure to appear issues are resolved and the Bench warrant issued was rescinded? (And not that the case itself is wrapped up?)

At least I think that is what the curt reply means. Dang summaries, lol.

Docket Sheet

ETA = 08/13/2014 - Apparently back on for 09/18/2014. Following this has been, well, tedious, lol.

ETA = 11/04/2014 - Looks like it is now moved back to DEC. So 12/01/2014 is now the next 'new' date.

ETA = 11/20/14 - Pushed back to March 2015.
    Last edited by TaePo; December 4th, 2014 at 06:25 AM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    The latest as of yesterday. Appears that 15JUL14 is another scheduled hearing.
    Does the adjudication mentioned above mean that the Bail and failure to appear issues are resolved and the Bench warrant issued was rescinded? (And not that the case itself is wrapped up?)

At least I think that is what the curt reply means. Dang summaries, lol.

Docket Sheet

ETA = 08/13/2014 - Apparently back on for 09/18/2014. Following this has been, well, tedious, lol.

ETA = 11/04/2014 - Looks like it is now moved back to DEC. So 12/01/2014 is now the next 'new' date.
    I know you just updated this a week ago, but I figured I'd reply to bounce it to the top. Given that bail was reinstated and the bench warrant withdrawn, my guess is somewhere along the line, a notice got lost or he was given the wrong date/time. It happens occasionally and it is scary when it does.

(Bucks County)

Well, obviously I'm not keeping that close of an eye on this case, but it was Nolle Prossed July of last year:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0001387-2012

So it took about 4 years for them to drop the charges.

I also note that there was a petition for a writ of habeas corpus.

So my lay-person understanding (which may be wrong) is they kept him on the hook but never actually took him to trial until he and and his lawyers said prosecute or drop and they dropped.

So, the shooting may not have been justified, but was apparently not sufficiently provable.
    Last edited by t1066; February 6th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ktodd29 View Post
    Did anyone else here speak to the survivor/witness Rob Kruger? Cuz I did, at the preliminary hearing. It is exactly as it was reported. He did not see Knox open the door, or assault the defendant. He turned to walk to his car, tilted his head down to light a cigarette, heard the shots which he claimed sounded like fireworks so he looked in the sky, when he saw nothing in the sky, he looked back in the direction of Frey's car and watched his friend fall.

So once again, Lt Kingston gave a statement to the reporters about what the Defendant, and Kruger said.

I don't know who you think you are "schooling" but you are seriously misinformed.

I am choosing not to release information because I think some things should be held back until trial, but the preliminary hearing, and the bail hearing, were very informative.

Clearly you have a problem with dissenting opinions.
    Since I haven't been able to find any news stories about the case ending, I'm curious if there were any actual hearings other than the bail issue and the decision to not prosecute.

Do you have any comment? Since you haven't logged in since 2014, I'll PM this as well.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728