Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Went shopping...

Went Christmas shopping the other day, and picked these up. The two with green stocks are Remington 597 .22LR, the wood stock is a Savage 62 .22LR, and the shotgun is a Savage/Stevens 320 with ghost ring sites.

I've fired about 50 rounds through the 12ga so far, and it's gotten better each time it cycles. I have a tactical forearm on order, along with a pistol grip for it and a flashlight...no need to change out the stock.

One Remington is for my 13 year old son, and the other is for my wife. My 16 year old daughter is getting the Savage 62. The boy is wanting new furniture for the 597. I have seen where a company makes an AR kit for it...we'll see if it's under the tree this year.

With the kids getting .22s of their own, I get my Remington Apache 77's back. I have a brown one and a green one, both spend most of their time in cases under the bed.

I bought the guns then told the kids to act surprised on Christmas morning...LOL

"A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Went shopping...

Nice. I've been looking at gett my daughter her first .22

(Delaware County)

Nice shopping trip. My little girl is getting her first .22 this Christmas also.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Can't wait till my boy is old enough for his first rifle.

Your a great father in passing down a love and respect for firearms.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delcozrt View Post
    Can't wait till my boy is old enough for his first rifle.

Your a great father in passing down a love and respect for firearms.
    Thanks. I've had full custody of the kids since October of last year. Their mother never allowed me to take the kids shooting when we were together, and she did everything she could to scare the kids about guns. Guns should NEVER be feared, but ALWAYS respected.

I was 8 when I got my first .22...a Savage/Sears single shot bolt action. I wish I still had that rifle so that I could pass it down, but it didn't survive a house fire I had in 2007. I was given my first .410 when I was 10...all part of growing up on a farm.

Now that I have custody, I've taken them to the range enough times that they both have been asking for one of their own. Since they both have been showing great maturity, and their grades are all A's and B's, plus they have both also gone through gun safety courses, as well as what I've taught them...I decided they are ready.

I recently picked up a 597, nice plinker. I picked up a non-finished boyd's tacticool stock for mine, which is currently curing from a alumna-hyde II coating. Although the factory stock's pistol grip is rather nice, the cheek weld was a bit off for me. I picked up the boyds unfinished thinking I would shape it to my personal fit, but found it unnecessary.

You can buy them from midwayusa unfinished or from boyds in a black textured coating if you are interested.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/TACT-R...-p/600-420.htm
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

i recently purchased .22 caliber riffle for me and would say that its really beautiful in its look and style. just in red color with black coating on its nozzle it makes it look more dashing

(Northampton County)

OP - nice gear.

Post a pic, Gaspar.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    Thanks. I've had full custody of the kids since October of last year. Their mother never allowed me to take the kids shooting when we were together, and she did everything she could to scare the kids about guns. Guns should NEVER be feared, but ALWAYS respected.

I was 8 when I got my first .22...a Savage/Sears single shot bolt action. I wish I still had that rifle so that I could pass it down, but it didn't survive a house fire I had in 2007. I was given my first .410 when I was 10...all part of growing up on a farm.

Now that I have custody, I've taken them to the range enough times that they both have been asking for one of their own. Since they both have been showing great maturity, and their grades are all A's and B's, plus they have both also gone through gun safety courses, as well as what I've taught them...I decided they are ready.

I thought I was the only male in this state who had custody

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    I thought I was the only male in this state who had custody
    Congrats! I hope your kids didn't go through the hell that mine went through...

My battle took 8 years and was in Montgomery County, Ohio, a courthouse well known to be against fathers and father's rights. After both my daughters were sexually assaulted and my son beat by her family members, the courts finally saw things as they were...horrible conditions for a child to be raised. In the end, she gets less than 3 weeks out of the year for visitation with the youngest two...supervised.

My eldest completed her Senior year living with my mother there...and has NO contact with her mother or her mother's family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast