Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Deer Vension Wanted

Hey all. Wasnt quite sure where to post for this but I thought this would probably be the best place, if it isnt just let me know and I will repost. I would really like to get some venison steaks, jerky, sausage, roasts etc. I remember 15-20 years ago I would have so much venison given to me you would think that I was the one who went hunting for it. Now people do not even want to let you know they are hunting lol. Anyhow if anyone is looking to let some go please let know what you are looking for in return. Hell I will even pay for the butcher if you would like to split it with me. Thanks for your time all.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Deer Vension Wanted

We are too far away for me to help you out. I usually do this for one or two people per year with the following condition. I have them pay me for the processing prior to me taking the deer. If they do not pay upfront for the processing, I would never take the deer for them.

In my area I usually have to pay $60 or so for a regular cut. If you want snack sticks and sausage made plan on trippeling that amount.

If you pay for the processing up front I am sure you will not have a problem finding someone to help you out.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    Hey all. Wasnt quite sure where to post for this but I thought this would probably be the best place, if it isnt just let me know and I will repost. I would really like to get some venison steaks, jerky, sausage, roasts etc. I remember 15-20 years ago I would have so much venison given to me you would think that I was the one who went hunting for it. Now people do not even want to let you know they are hunting lol. Anyhow if anyone is looking to let some go please let know what you are looking for in return. Hell I will even pay for the butcher if you would like to split it with me. Thanks for your time all.
    Call your PGC Regional office this week and ask for your local WCO to call you back, tell him you would like a deer. Usually the first night and Saturdays in deer season WCO's end up with illegal and mistake kills that they are looking to get to people that will use them. Most likely you can meet him the first day in the evening and get one permitted to you.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Delaware County)

Great. Thanks for the replies. Now I have an idea what I will spend and a way to get meat. Again thanks so much

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    Call your PGC Regional office this week and ask for your local WCO to call you back, tell him you would like a deer. Usually the first night and Saturdays in deer season WCO's end up with illegal and mistake kills that they are looking to get to people that will use them. Most likely you can meet him the first day in the evening and get one permitted to you.
    I did not know they did this. Is this open to anyone? I help out a few neighbors as well as Family with some of the deer I get and it would be nice to keep more of the deer I get for me and my fiancee.

(Delaware County)

Pm me your number ill have several extra doe to get rid of. I take what fills my freezer then my friends and family get the rest.

Deer will be field dressed and drained, pick up by you would be preferred as would butchering.I Use a place in folcroft if you need a place.

So let me know if you want to get on my list. I don't like to see any deer go to waist and I have plenty to shoot.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Delaware County)

Hey Soup. Well I called the PGC in reading and although the officer stated he didnt usually keep a list he did take my phone and name and stated he would do his best. He said he couldnt promise me anything but would keep my information. If he calls great, if not I'll just keep begging lol.

(Delaware County)

Hi Delcozrt. I sent the PM thanks so much!!!

(Delaware County)

No problem, I love to hunt and always have extra.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    I did not know they did this. Is this open to anyone? I help out a few neighbors as well as Family with some of the deer I get and it would be nice to keep more of the deer I get for me and my fiancee.
    yes there are time when they have more deer than people that can take them
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast