Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Best place to find deals on 9mm ammo?

Looking to stock up on practice rounds for my Ruger SR9C. Got a box of Federals FMJ 115 grain for $14. Figured the price was alright, but only got one box because I figured there are deals to be had elsewhere. Anyone know where to get deals on ammo? Anyone know what a box of Federal 9mm goes for at say Walmart?

Default Re: Best place to find deals on 9mm ammo?

Army Navy in Whitehall has PMC for $12 per box

(Washington County)

I just picked up some federal 9mm at my local walmart. 50 rounds were 13 something. 100 round bulk packs were $20.

Check out SGAmmo.com or Natchez
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by M&P Chris View Post
    I just picked up some federal 9mm at my local walmart. 50 rounds were 13 something. 100 round bulk packs were $20.

Check out SGAmmo.com or Natchez
    ^^^ This. Walmart doesn't have a lot of variety, but the bulk-packs of the few they have are pretty much unbeatable. In my experience, you can get them cheaper online, but when you take into consideration shipping, this is rarely the case. So, I buy in (big) bulk online, but it I run low I might just pick up 50 or 100 at wally-world. Also, look into cheaperthandirt.com
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Looking to stock up on practice rounds for my Ruger SR9C. Got a box of Federals FMJ 115 grain for $14. Figured the price was alright, but only got one box because I figured there are deals to be had elsewhere. Anyone know where to get deals on ammo? Anyone know what a box of Federal 9mm goes for at say Walmart?
    I know for a fact that you can find really cheap and decent quality ammo on Gunbroker.com, and ammoforsale.com has some really good prices when you buy in bulk. (500 or more) and Cabelas online when they have sales aren't bad. Normally you will find 9mm ammo between $10-14 a box of 50.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolPC View Post
    ^^^ This. Walmart doesn't have a lot of variety, but the bulk-packs of the few they have are pretty much unbeatable. In my experience, you can get them cheaper online, but when you take into consideration shipping, this is rarely the case. So, I buy in (big) bulk online, but it I run low I might just pick up 50 or 100 at wally-world. Also, look into cheaperthandirt.com
    I suggest reading this thread before buying Winchester white box at Walmart: http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...-9mm-duds.html
    Winchester appears to have a quality control problem with their casings which they haven't publicly acknowledged.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Northampton County)

I just bought a case of 1000 rounds 2 weeks ago from the comfort of my computer chair from Ammo Supply Warehouse. They have armscor precision for 215 plus shipping. So it cost me $248 which is 12.50 a box. I like to help out my local business's but my time is so tight and its not worth me driving around looking for the best deal when i have to pay 3.50 a gallon of gas.

(Allegheny County)

SG ammo has 1000 rounds of TulAmmo steel cased for $9.78 a box after shipping or brass cased Aguila ammo for 10.59 a box after shipping.

(Berks County)

Thanks everyone! Has anyone ever used Aguila 115 gr. FMJ ammo? And if I were to go to Walmart for some bulk packs of Federals, is there a limit as to how many boxes I can walk out with? Reason I ask is because the Aquila's are just under $200 for 1000 round case on SGAmmo, and it looks like the Federals can be had for about $20 for 100/box at Walmart, which if I were to get 1000 it'd only be $200, which in the end would be cheaper than the Aguila's with shipping online. So if I wanted to walk out with 10 boxes of Federals at Wal Mart, could I? I know the chances of finding them in stock that I could do this are slim to none, but doesn't hurt to ask.
    Last edited by Rush2112; November 18th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Walmart I shoot Federal 9mm FMJ and Winchester white box in 9mm and 45 and never had a problem. I just ordered Remington Golden Saber hollow points in 9 and 45 from Cheaper Than Dirt and got a great deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast