Subject: How True

> Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Brian Williams and a tough old US Marine > Sergeant were captured by terrorists in Iraq . The leader of the > terrorists told them he’d grant each of them one last request before they > were beheaded.
>
> Katie Couric said, “Well, I’m a Southerner, so I’d like one last plate of > fried chicken.” The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned > with the chicken. Couric ate it all and said, “Now I can die content.”
>
> Charlie Gibson said, “I’m living in New York , so I’d like to hear the > song “The Moon and New York City “ one last time.” The terrorist’s leader > nodded to another terrorist who had studied the Western world and knew the > music. He returned with some rag-tag musicians and played the song. Gibson > sighed and declared he could now die peacefully.
>
> Brian Williams said, “I’m a reporter to the end. I want to take out my > tape recorder and describe the scene here and what’s about to happen. > Maybe, someday, someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till > the end.” The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and > Williams dictated his comments. He then said, “Now I can die happy.”
>
> The leader turned and said, “And now, Mr. US Marine, what is your final > wish?” “Kick me in the ass,” said the Marine. “What?” asked the leader. > “Will you mock us in your last hour?” “No, I’m NOT kidding. I want you to > kick me in the ass,” insisted the Marine. So the leader shoved him into > the open and kicked him in the ass.
>
> The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol > from inside his cammies and shot the leader dead. In the resulting > confusion, he leapt to his knapsack, pulled out his M4 carbine and sprayed > the terrorists with gunfire. In a flash, all of them were either dead or > fleeing for their lives.
>
> As the Marine was untying Couric, Gibson and Williams, they asked him, > “Why didn’t you just shoot them all in the first place? Why did you ask > him to kick you in the ass?”
>
> “What!?” replied the Marine, “and have you three idiots report that I was > the aggressor?”