Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Walther PPX?

(Chester County)

Default Walther PPX?

I just saw that walther is coming out with a new pistol with traditional mag release, and a traditional hammer style firearm rather that striker fired. Personally, I really like the mag release on the trigger guard, but I fully understand that folks coming from tradition push button safety have training/muscle memory issues to take into consideration. This looks like the compromise some folks were looking for! I am not sure what the trigger will feel like, and I personally really like the existing one on the PPQ. I hope they were able to put a quality trigger in the PPX as well.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...x-information/
    http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...er-ppx-photos/

Default Re: Walther PPX?

I have both the PPS and the PPQ, but this thing is kinda fugly, if you ask me.

I don't have a problem with the trigger guard mag release as I'm used to it from having two guns with it already.

Thanks for posting the links!

(Washington County)

Yeah, at first quick glance it reminded me of the Hi-Point with that crooked grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Preble Pro View Post
    I have both the PPS and the PPQ, but this thing is kinda fugly, if you ask me.

I don't have a problem with the trigger guard mag release as I'm used to it from having two guns with it already.

Thanks for posting the links!
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Hokkmike Guest

I shoot a PPS. The trigger guard release is a learned thing. It DOES have certain advantages.

(Chester County)

I hear you guys on all accounts. I have PPS and PPQ in 9mm, and I love them both. So much so, that I am looking to pick up another PPQ as a spare. I've run nearly 4,000 rounds thru my PPQ since March and really really like it. I also ran a CQB, Handgun II, and low light class with it last week and it ran 1500 flawless rounds. I love the Walther pistols, and just found it interesting that they came out with a pistol to fill this niche. What I would love for them to do is make a compact double stack PPQ in the vain of the P99c. Kinda of like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7884042...57629792278600

I don't have the balls to buy a PPQ, and chop the grip. I really love the idea although I would worry about reliability with the P99c mags.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstrongo View Post
    I fully understand that folks coming from tradition push button safety have training/muscle memory issues to take into consideration.
    It's just memory issues, not muscle memory. Your voluntary muscles (the one's it takes to drop a mag) won't do anything until your brain tells them to.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It's just memory issues, not muscle memory. Your voluntary muscles (the one's it takes to drop a mag) won't do anything until your brain tells them to.
    I actually meant muscle memory, as i understand it. I was implying the sub conscious act of going to that position for the mag release. Folks that are used to the side push button on the grip have a subconscious action built in from doing it over and over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

(Chester County)

All these new PP guns. I'll stick with my 1st gen P99.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Montgomery County)

Sweet price point, potential for LE/Government sales (Hammer fired, mag release button, etc), almost H&K LEM-like trigger or perhaps Walthers own AS trigger like on the P99 (although I dont believe the PPX has a decocker).

I think it sounds awesome, the styling doesn't bother me much. In silhouette both the PPX and HK P30 favors a Hi Point to the critical eye but one only says that to deride or poke humor as they plainly are not Hi Points (which are ill treated by all us snobs btw..where else are you gonna get $155 handgun with a lifetime warranty?)

I'm looking forward to it, Walther makes a superb pistol (the units that Walther themselves manufacture that is.. Umarex and S&W non-withstanding)

A fairly meaty conversation has been going on for a spell over at waltherforums..