Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Angry ProGun movie theater in Delco?

Is there movie theater that allows weapons in it's establishment?

Never paid attention to which movie theater to go to, so just went to Springfield AMC because my honey likes it. OCed many times over last couple of years in different AMC including Springfield and never had problem or saw a sticker on the doors. But week ago went to Springfield AMC and there it was!! dam sticker on the bottom of the door!!! Called AMC around and managers with attitude told me that "we dot allow guns in our movie theater, if we catch you, we will ask you to leave" (granite mall AMC told me they will call police) Called corporate and they told me they will get back to me.
    So gentlemen, help me out here. I try boycott anti freedom business but my daughter want to see stupid vampire movie this week.

I dont have to tell you that but let me vent: How that sticker is going to stop any body from committing a crime!!! It's like movie rating system, it's posted NC17 or R rating but no one enforces it! Kids buy ticket for some other movie and just go see what they want, that how my daughter saw movie TED!!! So how any sign prevent anything IF YOU GOING TO RESTRICT IT THEN IN FORCE IT and PROVIDE SECURED ENVIRONMENT

(Delaware County)

Default Re: ProGun movie theater in Delco?

Pretty sure Regal is good there is one in Newtown Square PA and one in Upper Darby I think. As for AMC in Springfield I did Open Carry once not knowing the policy and no one even noticed. Yea I would just check out Regal not far from Marple 10

Regal Edgmont Square 10
    4777 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square PA 19073
    610-325-8159

http://www.regmovies.com/

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post
    Is there movie theater that allows weapons in it's establishment?

Never paid attention to which movie theater to go to, so just went to Springfield AMC because my honey likes it. OCed many times over last couple of years in different AMC including Springfield and never had problem or saw a sticker on the doors. But week ago went to Springfield AMC and there it was!! dam sticker on the bottom of the door!!! Called AMC around and managers with attitude told me that "we dot allow guns in our movie theater, if we catch you, we will ask you to leave" (granite mall AMC told me they will call police) Called corporate and they told me they will get back to me.
    So gentlemen, help me out here. I try boycott anti freedom business but my daughter want to see stupid vampire movie this week.

I dont have to tell you that but let me vent: How that sticker is going to stop any body from committing a crime!!! It's like movie rating system, it's posted NC17 or R rating but no one enforces it! Kids buy ticket for some other movie and just go see what they want, that how my daughter saw movie TED!!! So how any sign prevent anything IF YOU GOING TO RESTRICT IT THEN IN FORCE IT and PROVIDE SECURED ENVIRONMENT
    If you ask just about any chain establishment, or for that matter non chain smaller establishments, their stock line will be no weapons allowed. You will find that it is easier to seek forgiveness than get permission, this policy holds true in most matters, firearm related or not. Me, I just conceal carry and provide the management comfort in their ignorance of my armed presence. Hopefully, the first to know of my carry status will be my assailant.

(Delaware County)

So here's response to my phone call to AMC:

Thank you for your feedback regarding our no weapons policy. AMC has more than 300 theatres in the United States, many of which have concealed carry laws.

For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels it is best to have a standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises. In many states we are required by law to post signage if we have a policy against bringing weapons on our property.

Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us.

Sincerely,

Amanda

AMC Guest Services

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Egres View Post
    So here's response to my phone call to AMC:

Thank you for your feedback regarding our no weapons policy. AMC has more than 300 theatres in the United States, many of which have concealed carry laws.

For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels it is best to have a standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises. In many states we are required by law to post signage if we have a policy against bringing weapons on our property.

Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us.

Sincerely,

Amanda

AMC Guest Services
    Perhaps we should get a phone call or email campaign going to them.

(Chester County)

It's amazing how hard those signs are to see, and how well a jacket covers things up - especially this time of year.

Just saying...

(Delaware County)

I hear you about just CC but i wanted to do business with company that pro freedom. After 5 calls to Regal cinema i was told that "we dont allow guns in our movie theaters across the board" I asked for that in writing and was referred to legal department, so will see what happens.

(Delaware County)

If any of you want to give them a call or send a letter:

Regal Entertainment Group
    7132 Regal Lane
    Knoxville, Tennessee 37918

Customer Relations: 1-877-835-5734 This number usually go to message, no live operator. left 5 messages with no result.

Phone: 1-865-922-1123 This is corporate number, press 0 right a way for operator, tell her that you left bunch of messages on customer service line with no response. And ask to speak to someone. Operator did not know what to do and hand up on me twice, on third call was transfered to Susan and was told about "no guns" and reffed to legal department.

AMC Entertainment Inc.
    P.O. Box 725489
    Atlanta, GA 31139-9923
    Corp. # 31139-9923
    Customer Phone: 800-262-4849 On the second or third phone call spoke with rep. "no guns policy" And received letter posted above.
    Last edited by Egres; November 23rd, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

United Artist Theater on 69th street.

(Delaware County)

69th street is REGAL. Over phone from corporate HQ was told that "no guns". Did you had positive experience in that theater. My friend live half mile up 69th st. and would never go there because of "loud annoying people, dirty seats, sticky floors and sometimes rats"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast