Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SG Works SKS

(Philadelphia County)

Default SG Works SKS

Hey guys so i brought a Shernic Gun Works Bullpup for my Yugo SKS well more like a Birthday gift from my mom. Took about 2 months to get it from time order to time it was received. Install went fine instructions given were crap in my opinion but on the site they have a install video which was more helpful. Read some people had to grid stuff down on the stock to get there sks to fit mine fit in perfect no problem what so ever. Trigger pull on it isn't to bad got it adjusted haven't taken it to the range yet but when i do will fill you in with more. So far i love the look for the kit feels a little heavier then before but maybe since its a bullpup. Only thing i had a problem with is one of the screws ports broke free from plastic and keeps spinning wrote them yesterday and including a picture just waiting to see what they are going to do for me. First picture is the messed up screw.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: SG Works SKS

Pretty cool looking.How's the functionality?
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Montgomery County)

I normally don't like it when people cut up SKS's at all probably because I don't think any of the aftermarket stuff looks as good as the original setup with a wood stock.

Yours, however, looks pretty cool. I've never seen anything like that for an SKS. While I understand that it's a bull pup setup the thing that interests me most is how the trigger is now up front on something that wasn't meant to be like that. It looks like a completely modern rifle.

I get annoyed when I see ads for hacked up guns with asking prices that are as high or higher than one in original condition but if that was a put together package that was being sold in store right now I'd consider it.

I'm still not going to cut up my Russian though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I normally don't like it when people cut up SKS's at all probably because I don't think any of the aftermarket stuff looks as good as the original setup with a wood stock.

Yours, however, looks pretty cool. I've never seen anything like that for an SKS. While I understand that it's a bull pup setup the thing that interests me most is how the trigger is now up front on something that wasn't meant to be like that. It looks like a completely modern rifle.

I get annoyed when I see ads for hacked up guns with asking prices that are as high or higher than one in original condition but if that was a put together package that was being sold in store right now I'd consider it.

I'm still not going to cut up my Russian though.

I totally agree with you on that i like the look of it tho its different but by all means leave how it was before. I tired not to hack it up to much in time ill go bck to wood stock only think i did was take off the bayonet and back iron site. Makes the rifle look modern but by all means ill never use that in a survival situation! This bull-pup by no means is easy to clean and requires tools to brake it down. Just a cool now thing i guess.

(Philadelphia County)

Update I emailed SG works about a week ago telling them the problem that I ran into and they wrote me back telling me if the screw didn't come out to cut it out with a dremel and if I happen to ding up anything in the Process they will replace it! Which is awesome! Very helpful customer service and for that I'm very happy they didn't give me a hard time!

(Allegheny County)

People used to drool all over themselves when these things were just prototypes. You'd think there would be more interest in this thread.

Looks good. I hate - no, DESPISE bubba's SKS rifles, but if you have a beater that isn't worth much, I can see doing something like this.

The excess length from the launcher is a bit counterproductive, but otherwise, I like the bullpup.

Can I assume that the front sight is now useless?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    People used to drool all over themselves when these things were just prototypes. You'd think there would be more interest in this thread.

Looks good. I hate - no, DESPISE bubba's SKS rifles, but if you have a beater that isn't worth much, I can see doing something like this.

The excess length from the launcher is a bit counterproductive, but otherwise, I like the bullpup.

Can I assume that the front sight is now useless?
    Yes front sight is completely useless haha its just a nice stock i like it just different that's about it. If i had money i would of got a beat up sks and had fun with that one and left my yugo one alone but not going to waste money on other sks. Its whatever i didn't wanna take to much off mine cause in time i will switch back to wood stock only took off rear sight which can be put back without a problem and bayonet which is useless anyways who will really use that anyways.

(Pike County)

It looks cool. Do you think the rail is long enough to mount some BUIS for those of us who want a back up to an optic?

(Columbia County)

That looks fantastic! I had been back and forth over a good SKS with a beat up wood stock and could really decide what I'd want to replace the stock with. This is now a leading contender.

And should be pretty fun to shoot, too. I might just have to pick one of those up myself. Very cool!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by minionman24 View Post
    That looks fantastic! I had been back and forth over a good SKS with a beat up wood stock and could really decide what I'd want to replace the stock with. This is now a leading contender.

And should be pretty fun to shoot, too. I might just have to pick one of those up myself. Very cool!
    Pretty awesome kit and the company just rocks! i had a little trouble with install messed up couple parts and they shipped me out replacement parts with no problem!! Took two weeks but I'm not complaining! very happy with them and the kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast