Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default M1 Carbine in SEPA

My wife is looking for an M1 Carbine. She's looking for someplace that has a selection. Does anyone know of such a place or places in the greater SEPA?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: M1 Carbine in SEPA

A selection? Good luck! I rarely see any. There was a decently priced one on the forum recently. If I had the cash I would have considered it more... they are hard to come by anymore.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    My wife is looking for an M1 Carbine. She's looking for someplace that has a selection. Does anyone know of such a place or places in the greater SEPA?
    Try Surplus City.

302 Bustleton Pike
    Feasterville, PA, 19053

Phone:
    215-364-7130
    Tues – Fri:
    11:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Sat:
    10:00 am – 6:00 pm

(Philadelphia County)

i usually see a few at gun shows, but be prepared to drop 700+ for a good one (inland, etc)
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Montgomery County)

American Arms on 309 usually has 1 or 2 good ones. One was $1000. Claytons had a couple on 611, and you could probably find one at tanners on York. Google search for their phone numbers and call them.

(Wayne County)

Oaks gun show. Saw a couple of nice USGI there. As said above prepare to drop $700 plus on a Winchester, Inland, Rock Ola etc.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Lebanon County)

Auto Ordnance makes a nice replica that you can buy new so there is no doubt it is safe to fire. Shydas gun shop in Lebanon sells them for around $700. i have one and it is a real good shooter.Have to fire 100 or so rounds through it for the springs to loosen but even during the break in period i had very few malfunctions and it is real reliable now.

(Perry County)

as others have said, not sure where you'll find a selection anywhere in the US other than a gun show or online.

I got an underwood awhile back for around $600. very cool gun and fun to shoot.

(Pike County)

The next long gun I am adding to my collection is an M1 Carbine and I am researching a cheap solution now, I want to spend $600 tops. The commercial copies are cheap but get mixed reviews, I would recommend staying with USGI. Some M1's are reimported into the US and I believe you can get them for between $500-$700, the ones from Bavaria are the best and the ones from the importer "Blue Sky" are the worst. I think the best option is to get a mix-master which is an M1 rebuilt from multiple, older M1's at an arsenal. Since the parts don't match they cost less but they operate just as well. I believe a mix master can still be had for $600.

When I asked this question a member here recommend these resources for M1 Carbine information: M1CarbinesInc.com and CMP Forums-M1 Carbine

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the info guys. I think we're going to see what's for sale at the Valley Forge and Oaks shows next month. She has no interest in a modern copy, she wants a franken-gun original. USGI all the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast