Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default S&W M&P 22 Pistol

Considering buying one of these as I have the full size M&P 9mm and 9mm shield.

Would be a lot cheaper to shoot and thinking it would be a good idea to keep practicing with a similar firearm. Anyone here have one ? Do you like it? Are they accurate and function well?

thanks for any opinions.
    Last edited by Just1more; November 14th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: S&W M&P 22 Pistol

I have the same setup (m&p 9mm pro 5" and a shield 9mm) and I picked up the m&p 22. I LOVE it. Not a single ftf, fte, etc. no malfunctions of any kind.

The fact that the mags hold 12 is pretty cool. I haven't seen a single bad review online either.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Lancaster County)

Love mine. I let my brother shoot it last week and after 3 mags out of it, he went out and bought one too.

Accurate, reliable and downright fun to shoot.

(Cumberland County)

sigarms,

what adapter did you get to attach the can? I haven't looked into it yet, because my suppressor is still ~4 months away.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

I just picked one up after recommendations from the board. I was actually considering the Sig Mosquito and GSG 1911 before as I wanted something in 22LR and full sized pistol. The SR22 and P22 just feel odd and tiny to me. After someone mentioned the Smith I decided to look into them. A little online research had a lot of positive to say about the pistol, so I ordered one.

Took it out yesterday and it ran great without a hiccup. I was only running CCI minimags though, so no range report with a variety of ammo.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Considering buying one of these as I have the full size M&P 9mm and 9mm shield.

Would be a lot cheaper to shoot and thinking it would be a good idea to keep practicing with a similar firearm. Anyone here have one ? Do you like it? Are they accurate and function well?

thanks for any opinions.
    I have full size M&P's and the M&P 22.Cheap and to shoot,and accurate.Highly recommended.No issues with function.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Schuylkill County)

Had one, sold it. I put maybe 2000 rounds through it, everything from bulk Federal to CCI Stingers. It ran smooth as silk with anything I fed it. Take down and cleaning is a snap. No problems with functionality and it felt good in my hand, the only thing, in my opinion, was that it only had so-so accuracy.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdburg View Post
    Had one, sold it. I put maybe 2000 rounds through it, everything from bulk Federal to CCI Stingers. It ran smooth as silk with anything I fed it. Take down and cleaning is a snap. No problems with functionality and it felt good in my hand, the only thing, in my opinion, was that it only had so-so accuracy.
    How accurate was it between 3 and 7 yards?
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

It would be a huge disappointment if not accurate. Is this the norm for this pistol? I ask because of the post and last night i watched Julie Golob shoot one and missed a target of dishwasher soap blocks.
    Also, can it be dry fired? I know some 22s can be and alot cannot be without possible damage. I would be concerned buying one from a store display as it most likely has been dry fired. I would need a new in box 22 then....

(Butler County)

Good review here... accuracy was noted as "very good".

http://www.gunblast.com/SW-MP22.htm
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast