Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Wait for the Kel-Tec KSG or...

I have been waiting for the Kel-Tec KSG Bullpup because of the cool factor and the huge advantages it would serve both in pleasure and in HD. Are there any other shotguns out there that would be similar that I am not seeing? Also within the same projected price range. I can keep waiting but it gets harder by the day!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Wait for the Kel-Tec KSG or...

im on the list at two shops and gallery of guns email notification system. Ive been on that list for over a year. I bought a saiga and pretty much gave keltec the giant finger. What good is a product if you cant keep up with demand? Yes I know I could pay double msrp for one but no thanks.

(Chester County)

I handled one back in the spring and was unimpressed with the build quality. It felt kinda cheap, and as if it wouldn't hold up to any kind of rough use. Personally, I would rather have a used Benelli M1 for the same price these are going for. I do agree that it has a "cool factor", and is a unique design.

(Westmoreland County)

If the KSG is truly what you want, I say continue to wait for it. I would hate to buy something "similar", and then kick myself for buyer's remorse afterwards....

(Chester County)

I just looked again at what they are going for on GunBroker. I can't believe people are willing to pay upwards of $2,000 for this shotgun. That is about 4 times what it is actually worth. For the money, there are a slew of better options out there.

For that Money - I'd rather have:

2 Benelli m2s
    4 Mossberg 590s
    10 Mossberg Mavericks
    etc, etc, etc
    Last edited by rockstrongo; November 14th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

(Berks County)

I had some interest in the KSG as well, until I realized that next to NO ONE other than Oleg Volk seems to be able to get their hands on them.

I have a lot of respect for Kel-Tec, being a small operation designing interesting and often innovative weapons, and committing to do so as a completely US-based operation. However, it's all for nothing when they alienate most of their potential customer base because they can't manufacture a supply which is even remotely proportional to demand.

Being a lefty, and being that both the KSG and the RFB are ambidextrous bullpup designs, I was a buyer. Was.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

I had the chance to fire one of these over the weekend thanks to the owner of Shakeys Gunshop. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed by it the owner absolutely loves it. It does have a cool factor as a 14+1 pump bullpup but its still a pump. It also does not come with any sights so add some kind of optic or flip sights to the price. I also don't see any way to quickly reload it as the mag tubes are loaded from the bottom of the gun.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

I too was very interested in these; however, the reality of them not being available any time soon set in and I gave up. Bought an M590A1 instead and am very happy with my decision.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I bought a saiga and pretty much gave keltec the giant finger. What good is a product if you cant keep up with demand? Yes I know I could pay double msrp for one but no thanks.
    ^ this.

Liked the idea. Bought a Saiga instead.
    If you offered me a KSG for my S12 now. I'd laugh at you. I don't even care what I *could* sell the KSG for. The Saiga just rocks. Granted its not a bull pup but its pretty handy with a 5 or 8rd stick mag. If you don't care about weight put in a 20rd drum and let it rip. Recoil is mild, and ROF untouchable by a pump.

I'm actually thankful the KSG is vapor ware. I probably wouldn't have bought the Saiga if it wasn't. And I'm waaaaay happier with the way things ended up.

(Luzerne County)

Cool design, but for the kind of money I've seen some of these guns selling for on Gunbroker, I'd buy a Benelli M4.

Wait a minute........I did!
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast