Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Biggest 3 Day PA Gun Show at the Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I have thought about flying a British flag at times.
    William Wallace would not approve!

Besides, why would you want to fly the flag of country that inspired a violent revolution here by attempting to confiscate our firearms in 1775; a country in which firearms ownership and even using a blunt instrument in self defense are now effectively banned?

Seriously, I would love to see all vendors who are members here prominently displaying PAFOA signs to enable the rest of us to give them preference when making buying decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Yep, this will be a good one. The Dec shows in PA are usually the best so in this case we'll have, "the best of the best". Oh and stay home if you don't like crowds......

Bob D
    As a former seller at the harrisburg show i can tell you that december is the WORST month for selling there. I would guess people spent all their cash on gifts.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by silent*anarchy View Post
    As a former seller at the harrisburg show i can tell you that december is the WORST month for selling there. I would guess people spent all their cash on gifts.
    After many years of doing PA shows, I found it might depend a lot on what you're selling. We've always done well at the winter shows compared to May/June butI was actually speaking more to the number of vendors, the selection and the crowd size at these winter shows.

Bob D

(Montgomery County)

Is Friday open to dealers only or the general public?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bartomark View Post
    Is Friday open to dealers only or the general public?
    Open to the public Friday 4:00pm-8:00pm

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Open to the public Friday 4:00pm-8:00pm
    Hallelujah! Fridays are much more civilized.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tabasco_joe View Post
    Another suggestion. As soon as you know your location at the show post it on this thread.
    I think this is the biggest deficiency of this show. You have no idea who sells what and where to find what you are looking for. After an hour or so all tables blend in. The show organizers should have a directory where they list the vendors, their locations and what they carry.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I think this is the biggest deficiency of this show. You have no idea who sells what and where to find what you are looking for. After an hour or so all tables blend in. The show organizers should have a directory where they list the vendors, their locations and what they carry.
    Last show I went from front to back on one side and then went back to front on the other. I don't think any had signage on the back side of their tables. So I went to the front of each hall and looked at signage from the front. Still 9 out of 10 had none.

I understand the effort and cost to publish a listing is prohibitive. But a large white board map at the front entrance would be nice.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Great idea but the problem is that many dealers are placed the day of the show due to the many changing situations at dealer set-up. Most show promotors have a general floor plan. However placement is subject to variables such as no-shows, vendors wanting a different amount of tables at the last minute and vendors showing up sometimes with no or un-received table reservations.

Perhaps the Mods here could create a sticky in this column where vendors on here at least can list who they are, what they sell and where they will be?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewussor View Post
    William Wallace would not approve!

Besides, why would you want to fly the flag of country that inspired a violent revolution here by attempting to confiscate our firearms in 1775; a country in which firearms ownership and even using a blunt instrument in self defense are now effectively banned?

Seriously, I would love to see all vendors who are members here prominently displaying PAFOA signs to enable the rest of us to give them preference when making buying decisions.
    The British Army regiment that screenname honours represents is a post-union unit.

As for the flag display This is not the place to discuss that. Drop by sometime and I'll give you my 18th Century historian's take on that bit of American history.

As for signs; many vendors have them but they can be expensive and a PITA to carry around and set up. As a result many other vendors don't bother.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast