Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Biggest 3 Day PA Gun Show at the Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks

Thanks for the great show and for everyone that stopped in and said hello!

And for the ones that also stuck around to talk to Santa's Helpers hope that helped to make the show "worth it"....

We were so busy I never left the table for food or even to go and get my own ammo.

Enjoyed the conversations about the M936 Wrecker parked out front as well.

Thanks Again,

Todd
    Tew's Armory

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Anyone know the vendor who had these? It was to the left of the door and a few rows back. They had a nice stack of boxed ones on their table
    bah they didnt want to deal if i had a business and someone wanted 3 ak's i would give a discount
    common sense is a mf

Quote Originally Posted by RWTARGET View Post
    Would like information on the vendor displaying the shelf with the hidden compartment. The booth was at the back wall at the opening between the b and c halls.
    http://artechdesigninc.com/Home_Page.html

Hope this helps!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by radar32 View Post
    Hugely disappointing.

I drove 2 hrs on friday, paid 20bucks (gf wanted to go too), and found 3 of the things on my list all of which had higher prices than locally or my usual sources. I paid $50 more for an M&P15 sport than boyers would have charged ($15 more than the sport king shooter sold last week) and even that took effort. .223 was the same price as the LGS. No one had reasonable projectiles or brass. American made 3 point slings were at near retail. Magpul ar 30rnd mags with window were $15 so thats not terrible and powder and primers were slightly cheaper than the LGS of course no one had win/cci small pistol primers after 4:30. I didnt see any new reloading dies. I didnt get to look at optics or a few other things on my list after 2 hrs of running from table to table comparing prices and consistently being surprised by how disappointing they were, we left. Although the GF enjoyed the hot nuts. cinnamon sugar cashews.

Overall, I spent almost $100 more going to the show than if I'd bought outside of it. Oh, and my gf took off of work to go but that doesn't count.
    The word bargain has forever left gun shows. It has been replaced by "MSRP+". At every show I laugh at the prices, they're all absurd. Not only do you have to pay MSRP or above for common shit that's easily found online and usually shipped for free or cheap, but you have to pay tax on it as well. Used gun prices at or near the prices of new ones, and new ones at least $25-50 above regular price before paying tax or their transfer fees. What a joke. I like walking around the shows looking, but I'd never actually go there expecting to buy anything significant unless I got lucky and stumbled upon a crazy deal.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
    The word bargain has forever left gun shows. It has been replaced by "MSRP+". At every show I laugh at the prices, they're all absurd. Not only do you have to pay MSRP or above for common shit that's easily found online and usually shipped for free or cheap, but you have to pay tax on it as well. Used gun prices at or near the prices of new ones, and new ones at least $25-50 above regular price before paying tax or their transfer fees. What a joke. I like walking around the shows looking, but I'd never actually go there expecting to buy anything significant unless I got lucky and stumbled upon a crazy deal.
    I agree that many things you see at the show aren't really a deal but I would say you can find deals (see below). I too like walking around and looking at a bigger variety than you'd be able to in any store and being able to see it in person unlike online, not to mention being able to find rare items or a large number of milsurps where most shops just have a few.

That being said I think I had a pretty good visit to the show. I got there Friday evening around 3:50 PM and the line was around back. To the people who come, see the line, and leave you're really only spiting yourself. Max time in line is 15 minutes. That's not that bad for as much time you'll spend inside.

I wound up getting some stuff on my list. The highlights for me were the three 20 round packs of Portuguese surplus (non-corrosive) 8mm Mauser ammo and the deal (as I mentioned you can get deals) I got on a black stock stainless barrel Ruger 10/22 brand new for $210 out the door. That's about $30-40 cheaper than I have ever seen this gun online or in stores (after all fees/taxes). I picked it up from JB Arms and it was good talking to them while waiting for PICS. I was so excited to check something off my want list for such a good price I didn't even realize until afterward that their sticker price was the out the door price, including tax and background check. I'll definitely seek them out the next time I go. They made a comment that their Rugers were selling fast to which I replied that was because they had the best price in the building.

The only complaint I have about the show was that Friday night was only 4 hours. I wouldn't have been able to go on Saturday and I feel like any deals that would have been found are gone by Sunday so Friday was perfect but when I go on Saturdays it takes me most of the day to walk around so I knew it was going to be tight to see everything in half the time. I wound up just cruising the second half about as fast as I could walk through which is disappointing to think I didn't really get to take a good look at everything.

If anyone here has any contact or influence with Eagle Arms I would suggest the Friday shows (I think the one coming up in March will be 3 days again) longer. Something like 3-9 would be better. I had off that day so I could have gone anytime. It also shouldn't have cost the full admission price for a half day of show time.

(Berks County)

I was wondering if anyone knows who was selling smoke grenades at the show, my buddy is looking for some for air soft stuff, and was wondering if he could get some locally?

"Who has two thumbs and kicks ass...This guy right here"

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by medicjz View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows who was selling smoke grenades at the show, my buddy is looking for some for air soft stuff, and was wondering if he could get some locally?
    I was selling the pull pin paintball/airsoft smoke grenades.... shoot me a pm
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314