Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where do I find decent self defense ammo locally?

Walmart seems to only have federal hi shok ammo in 9mm. I bought a box a month or so ago but noticed online reviews of the expansion were not very good. I haven't tried dunkelbergers, but I try to stay away from there when it comes to ammo. I know I can find hollow points online easily but paying $12 shipping for one box doesn't seem feasible.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Where do I find decent self defense ammo locally?

Warner's Surplus - Tannersville (on 611 very close to the outlet malls). There's also another shop about a mile past this in the Pocono Peddler village that you may want to look at while in the area.

Dunklebergers - Stroudsburg on Main street.

American Sports Shooting - Broadheadsville on Route 209.

Copy/pasted that from http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/122...tml#post144531 --- 5 years ago, I'm not from that area, and have no idea of the quality or even the existence of those locations.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    Warner's Surplus - Tannersville (on 611 very close to the outlet malls). There's also another shop about a mile past this in the Pocono Peddler village that you may want to look at while in the area.

Dunklebergers - Stroudsburg on Main street.

American Sports Shooting - Broadheadsville on Route 209.

Copy/pasted that from http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/122...tml#post144531 --- 5 years ago, I'm not from that area, and have no idea of the quality or even the existence of those locations.
    Warner's Surplus - Tannersville= is gone! for over a year,but i buy lots of ammo from rich warner he reloads and sells at the eagle arms gun shows,he uses USGI surplus brass (9mm is golden saber +p nickle plated brass) that 9mm ammo he reloads has never ever failed in any way in my kel-tec pf9, for the price it is the best ammo i have found,i believe it is surplus FBI/LE ammo brass.

(Wayne County)

Don't know if your up for a drive, but Hunters Gallery in Hamlin usually has a descent selection of self defense ammo. It's on route 348. Prices are usually right around par. Nice/knowledgable people behind the counter as well.
    "Molon Labe" Jason Beers 32° Moscow Lodge #504

order from underwood ammo online. the performance is fantastic. shipping once box of ammo is always outrageous but evens out over 4 or so boxes. you will not regret it.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Not sure how I feel about reloaded self defense ammo at a gunshow, but i've heard nothing but good things about underwood ammo. I should buy in bulk but right now im strapped for cash and dont really need 100+ rnds of hollowpoints. I'll just have to pony up the money and get some speer gold dot for short barrels.

(Monroe County)

Take a ride up to Weaver's in brodheadsville off of 209 and 715, Phil has Speer Gold dot and Hornady critical defense in 9mm , i just Picked some last week.

Also if Walmart ever get back in the REmington 115 grn ammo get it, its very good ammo that expands very well, the Federal 9bp that walmart sells is extremely accurate but it does not expands well at all.

thanks.. yea that federal 9bp is terrible.. especially out of my shields short barrel. what did you pay over at weavers?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beersie777 View Post
    Don't know if your up for a drive, but Hunters Gallery in Hamlin usually has a descent selection of self defense ammo. It's on route 348. Prices are usually right around par. Nice/knowledgable people behind the counter as well.
    Yeah hunters gallery is awesome good selection of ammo and guns.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Weavers in Brodheadsville. You may pay a little more per box if you are not buying bulk or price shopping at a gun show, but I think it is worth it for convienience. I tend to stock up on the Remmington UMC jhp's as my "back-up" supply.

Dunkelbergers has a nice selection, but I found them to be a dollar or two per box more than Weavers.
    ...and they have a plan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast