Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CZ 75b question

(Bucks County)

Default CZ 75b question

I'm looking to add a stainless CZ 75b to my collection. After searching I've seen two different frame designs. One has a high swept beavertail type grip and the other has a more bobbed looking grip. What's the difference?? I really like the 1911 like high swept grip. Went to the LGS today the sales person offered no help and can't guarantee which one ill be receiving if I place the order. Even the CZ USA website doesn't specify any differences while having pictures of both under the stainless 75s. Any CZ fan out there who knows something about this??

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ 75b question

Beautiful gun and i here it takes months to get.

I'm not a 100% sure but the CZ matt stainless # 01128 has the bobbed looking grip and has a 10 round mag.

The CZ #91128 matt stainless has the high swept beavertail and has a 16+1 round mag. Call CZ or email them they are really nice to deal with and find out the details . Good luck !

(Centre County)

My polished 75b has the up swept BT like that on 1911.
    And so far, all of the brushed stainless that i have seen has lower swept BT.

But if you look at their web site, only one with up swept BT is stainless limited edition. And both brushed and polished model have same low swept BT.

When I ordered my polished one, I just specified it to be high polished SS. And it showed up with the up swept BT. I didn't even know that there were different style BT at the time.

I think low swept look sort of lame, no complaint from me.
    Last edited by Mity2; November 11th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

From what I understand all of the newer stainless will have the upswept. The plain looking flat ones were older models. My stainless was made in 09' and has the upswept.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Subverto View Post
    From what I understand all of the newer stainless will have the upswept. The plain looking flat ones were older models. My stainless was made in 09' and has the upswept.
    mine is 2010.
    And my 2011 SP-01 had it too.
    I'd still call the CZ USA @ 1-800-955-4486 to double check.

With that being said, regardless of which tail you get, its one fine weapon that you'll love for long time.
    I still kick my arse for selling my SP-01(it was a moment of weakness!)
    And also while polished SS look nice, its not as functional as satin stainless.
    Front strap is slipply as all heck, once your hand starts to sweat!

Quote Originally Posted by pche View Post
    I'm looking to add a stainless CZ 75b to my collection. After searching I've seen two different frame designs. One has a high swept beavertail type grip and the other has a more bobbed looking grip. What's the difference?? I really like the 1911 like high swept grip. Went to the LGS today the sales person offered no help and can't guarantee which one ill be receiving if I place the order. Even the CZ USA website doesn't specify any differences while having pictures of both under the stainless 75s. Any CZ fan out there who knows something about this??
    When I was in the market for a 75 compact I had the same dilemma. It was explained to me by someone on the cz forum if remember correctly, the de-cocker model had the up-swept beavertail while the safety version had the bobbed tail. Not sure if its the same for the fullsized versions or not.

(Centre County)

I dont think thats correct.
    I think Subverto is correct being that newer model have upsweapt BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I dont think thats correct.
    I think Subverto is correct being that newer model have upsweapt BT.
    It might be different for the fullsized ones, my compact has a 2012 manufacture date and it has the bobbed tail.