Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default I need help ASAP!

I convinced my wife to let me get a handgun a couple months ago. Its a walther p99c(qa). Now i'm trying to butter her up to an AR15' ish type rifle and she told me she doesn't like the idea of an having an assault rifle.
    This is where i'm stuck. She asked me "Why?"

I couldn't come up with anything besides "just 'cause"

Help! What should i say?

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: I need help ASAP!

Because it's a good investmant. They might be banned soon and the price is only going to go up. They will be worth 5 times what you paid for it. That's why you need to buy 5.

No seriously, I don't care what the wife says. You need to get an AR. If either clinton or obama get into office we're in trouble. I'm getting mine as soon as my tax money gets here. I decided last night.

I was going to get a 10/22, and that's the gun I want more. But I can get one of those anytime. I might not be able to get an AR for very long.

Oh, and get LOTS of those 30 round mags. The politicians HATE them.

(Allegheny County)

Start shooting CMP.

I am so glad everytime I hear this stuff that I married my wife.

(Lancaster County)

Goddam shame that you have to clear any purchases with "the wife".

Take possession of your manhood!

TELL Her that you are buying an AR-15 because YOU WANT ONE.

Then do it.

If your purchases do not create economic hardship for your family, then WTF does she get to tell you what to do?

Good Grief.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by MUMM RA View Post
    I convinced my wife to let me get a handgun a couple months ago. Its a walther p99c(qa). Now i'm trying to butter her up to an AR15' ish type rifle and she told me she doesn't like the idea of an having an assault rifle.

Help! What should i say?
    You should say, "This is important to me. This is something I want and I want you to know that while I am taking your feelings into consideration, I cannot deny myself something that I feel is important on your objection alone. We can discuss why I think a firearm like an AR-15 is important for me to have, and I will listen to your feelings and concerns and do my best to alleviate what I can of them, but in the end, I have to make my own decision. I respect you and your feelings, I can only ask that you respect mine. I'm not asking to get an AR-15 for you or even for us, I want it for me, and as I said, this is really important to me."

In the end, you need not concern yourself with making her see the rifle itself as a good thing, in a healthy relationship, all she should need to know is that it is important to you and that while you will take her feelings into account, you are your own person and your decisions will be made accordingly.
    Last edited by NineseveN; March 13th, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Start shooting CMP.

I am so glad everytime I hear this stuff that I married my wife.
    +1 for both of those statements.

My g/f keeps begging me to get my AR averytime she watches cnn.

CMP is an awsome reason.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MUMM RA View Post

Help! What should i say?

Walk her to the bedroom closet and ask her WHY THE F_CK she NEEDS all of those SHOES!

Seriously though, why does a firearm purchase require a "need"?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Franklin County)

My wife and i have to agree on everything we buy. Its just do it out of respect for each other. If she wanted a new washing machine and i said i don't think its a good idea, she won't be buying a new washing machine.

When i was looking at AR's theres ones that have 10rd internal mags. Does that mean you can't put in a 30 rd mag?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    You should say, "This is important to me. This is something I want and I want you to know that while I am taking your feelings into consideration, I cannot deny myself something that I feel is important on your objection alone. We can discuss why I think a firearm like an AR-15 is important for me to have, and I will listen to your feelings and concerns and do my best to alleviate what I can of them, but in the end, I have to make my own decision. I respect you and your feelings, I can only ask that you respect mine. I'm not asking to get an AR-15 for you or even for us, I want it for me, and as I said, this is really important to me."

In the end, you need not concern yourself with making her see the rifle itself as a good thing, in a healthy relationship, all she should need to know is that it is important to you and that while you will take her feeling into account, you are your own person and your decisions will be made accordingly.

WOW... Dr Phil's got nothing on you!

SAGE advice in getting what you want.

Hey Mumm Ra ! Are you getting an AR with full auto = Assault Rifle or are you getting a semi-auto which is just like any other rifle?

As for reasons that is tricky, everything from hobby - sport shooting, home and neighborhood protection, new world war muslim invasion, collecting, varmint control, new rifle ban looming if Barak gets elected, that she can get $1000 worth of shoes... and the list goes on. I think you will figure it out, maybe you need to be a bit creative and use 3 or 4 reasons. Part of the problem might be your level of desire and need, "just cause" doesn't sound amped up enough.

I used 3 or 4 reasons why we were getting an AR and no $1000 worth of shoes had no part in it

good luck! Sabre

Edit: damn work getting in the way of a quick reply, most of the above are good if not better advise
    Last edited by sabre; March 13th, 2008 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast