Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Permanent-Resident Firearm Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    Thanks for that info! Much appreciated.

Having been here in Pittsburgh since 2000, I dont understand the reasoning behind this, but it is what it is. I feel like I am more American than at least half of the folks born here;I didnt vote any Democrats hahah.

Thanks again.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that you have to be a citizen to vote?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I have nothing against legal ones, but in the case of the illegals given amnesty by the stroke of a pen I cant call them what I like and will use quotes. People like the OP I have no problem with.

To my question will these "people" given the obama amnesty ( and them only) be able to own guns legally?
    Legal or illegal, aliens are people, there are no untermensch in the USA.

To the question of who can legally purchase firearms, obligatory IANAL needed here, but here's my understanding of the basics under federal law:

- Under the GCA aliens unlawfully in the USA cannot purchase firearms. This includes alien children granted a "deferral of action" as directed by the Obama Administration. Such action puts deportation proceedings on indefinite hold but does not confer a lawful immigration status.

- Nonimmigrant aliens must have a valid hunting license and have been resident in a state for the previous 90 days

http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-18.pdf

- Lawful permanent residents (green card holder) used to have to be resident in a state for 90 days (recently changed it seems, see above), but do not need to have a hunting license. Now the 90-day thing has been dropped, but the usual rules about not selling handguns out of state and not selling prohibited long guns to out of state residents still apply (eg, you can't sell a rifle to an NJ resident if that rifle isn't legal in NJ).

These restrictions are in addition to the usual prohibitors that apply to US citizens. An alien with a felony record is unlikely to be granted lawful residency in any amnesty, and even still the felony prohibition would still apply.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post

To the question of who can legally purchase firearms, obligatory IANAL needed here, but here's my understanding of the basics under federal law:

- Under the GCA aliens unlawfully in the USA cannot purchase firearms. This includes alien children granted a "deferral of action" as directed by the Obama Administration. Such action puts deportation proceedings on indefinite hold but does not confer a lawful immigration status.

- Nonimmigrant aliens must have a valid hunting license and have been resident in a state for the previous 90 days

http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-18.pdf

- Lawful permanent residents (green card holder) used to have to be resident in a state for 90 days (recently changed it seems, see above), but do not need to have a hunting license. Now the 90-day thing has been dropped, but the usual rules about not selling handguns out of state and not selling prohibited long guns to out of state residents still apply (eg, you can't sell a rifle to an NJ resident if that rifle isn't legal in NJ).

These restrictions are in addition to the usual prohibitors that apply to US citizens. An alien with a felony record is unlikely to be granted lawful residency in any amnesty, and even still the felony prohibition would still apply.

Having a green card AND a felony charge would give the enough to worry about, way beyond buying a gun,lol

(Allegheny County)

So today I went to Anthony Arms, and the guys there said "Green Card and Drivers License." I guess Ace didn't get the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post

We are all entiteld to our opinons. Look at demographics of crime then illegal immigration. That is my point.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Allegheny County)

My German co-worker with a Green Card has his LTCF in Allegheney. No problem getting it.
    Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much, such men are dangerous

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by pche View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that you have to be a citizen to vote?
    You are correct. You DO need to be a citizen to vote. However, the OP did NOT say he voted. He only said he did NOT vote for any Democrats.

Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    Thanks for that info! Much appreciated.

Having been here in Pittsburgh since 2000, I dont understand the reasoning behind this, but it is what it is. I feel like I am more American than at least half of the folks born here;I didnt vote any Democrats hahah.

Thanks again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    You are correct. You DO need to be a citizen to vote. However, the OP did NOT say he voted. He only said he did NOT vote for any Democrats.
    That is correct. I did not vote unfortunately, but if I would have, it wouldn't have been for any democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    That is correct. I did not vote unfortunately, but if I would have, it wouldn't have been for any democrats.
    Come on brother. You sound like a great future american. Check into citizenship. We need people like you and for all i care americans born here that voted for obama can go to russia if they want.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123