Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default NFA Trust Attorney?

Has anyone dealt with or know of a reasonably priced Attorney dealing in NFA Trusts in the area?

I found Joshua Prince at Prince Law Offices but have no contacted them yet.

I've gotten a few other estimates in the area as well as online and they vary greatly. I'd rather deal locally or with a reputable online service but I'm looking to save my fortune for purchasing NFA firearms and not on creating this trust.

Any info would be appreciated. Also I'm not interested in Quicken to create a homemade out dated trust.

Default Re: NFA Trust Attorney?

Are you sure that you need a trust? Most people don't. It's simpler to own in your own name, and if it's just to bypass the CLEO signature, there are other options than a trust.

Trusts are trendy among people who don't really understand them. I will say that it's very positive that you know not to use the Quicken-type software, which was never intended to be used for NFA compliance.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Trust just seems the way to go incase I ever end up dead and don't want to cause too many headaches for any beneficiaries of my firearms (NFA or non NFA). Plus if I'm outta town for a couple weeks and the wife decides to shoot up the neighborhood, I heard I could be liable because the gun is registered NFA under my name and should be confined/secured from members of the same household who aren't registered to it.

I got no problem going the traditional route. The state and feds have enough finger prints and photos of me already. I just don't know how much I'll be able to tolerate individuals refusing to sign off on my paperwork for the mere fact that they, "just don't want to."
    Last edited by srfive3; November 8th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srfive3 View Post
    Trust just seems the way to go incase I ever end up dead and don't want to cause too many headaches for any beneficiaries of my firearms (NFA or non NFA). Plus if I'm outta town for a couple weeks and the wife decides to shoot up the neighborhood, I heard I could be liable because the gun is registered NFA under my name and should be confined/secured from members of the same household who aren't registered to it.

I got no problem going the traditional route. The state and feds have enough finger prints and photos of me already. I just don't know how much I'll be able to tolerate individuals refusing to sign off on my paperwork for the mere fact that they, "just don't want to."
    If you'd like to discuss some of the legal/practical issues, feel free to drop me a PM and we can set up a phone call.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.