Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wynnewood LTCF

(Delaware County)

Default wynnewood LTCF

hi guys, new to the forum. just purchased my first firearm for home/work protection and i wanted to apply for LTCF. i currently live in wynnewoood and work in bala cynwyd. i understand that i need to get my police backgroud check card done, where do i go to get this done? do i go to lower merion police department or haverford?

(Chester County)

Default Re: wynnewood LTCF

Ltcf are issued by the sheriff of the county in which you live.

You should probably familiarize yourself with the rules/regulations before attempting to get LTCF...

(Delaware County)

yes, i understand that LTCFs are issued by the county sheriff but i was asking about local police check form which needs to be completed before i can apply for LTCF. also where can i find out my local firearm rules/regulations? i am not looking to carry outside my work

I believe the OP is referring to the Local Police check card that Mont. Co. "requires" ( ) a LTCF applicant to get filled out before applying for the LTCF.

As I understand it, you take it to the police dept. that handles your area. As in, who would you call when you need the police for an emergency.

(Delaware County)

thank you both for your help. i guess ill have to call both departments and find out. (my property is right on the borderline so i see haverford/narberth/lower merion police)

(Lancaster County)

You're under no requirement per the UFA to get that form filled out. The sheriff likes to make people jump through hoops. If you don't want to fill it out, don't. All that he'll do as has been reported is that he'll actually make you wait the full 45 days out of spite.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

streaker, i dont mind playing by the requirements. i just want to save myself trip back and forth since i work 10+ hrs per day and times something that i can't really be flexible with. even though i may work in "safer" part of town, its getting dark by 5pm and all these "we buy gold" spots are opening left and right.. i just dont feel as safe anymore

(Delaware County)

You need to find out exactly where you live first, if it's Haverford Township, then you are in Delaware County and don't need to deal with it at all. You will need to go to Media, PA where the sheriffs office is to apply.

Who picks up your trash? If it's a township truck look to see if it's Haverford or Lower Merion. Lower Merion and Narberth are both in MONTCO

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by kwangusbeef View Post
    streaker, i dont mind playing by the requirements. i just want to save myself trip back and forth since i work 10+ hrs per day and times something that i can't really be flexible with. even though i may work in "safer" part of town, its getting dark by 5pm and all these "we buy gold" spots are opening left and right.. i just dont feel as safe anymore
    It's not a requirement. It's done out of spite. While the sheriff may claim it's part of "HIS" background check, it's not really. It's just an extra hoop that he wants you to jump through. No other county in the state has such a requirement.

Go in, fill out your application, leave them the $20 and wait for them to contact you if you don't have the time to jump through their hoops. You're under no requirement to complete that task at all.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's not a requirement. It's done out of spite. While the sheriff may claim it's part of "HIS" background check, it's not really. It's just an extra hoop that he wants you to jump through. No other county in the state has such a requirement.

Go in, fill out your application, leave them the $20 and wait for them to contact you if you don't have the time to jump through their hoops. You're under no requirement to complete that task at all.
    He should find out exactly which town he lives in first. I know the area and the border isn't clear. So he doesn't waste a trip to the wrong county sheriff office.

Take a look at your township issued recycle bin, that should tell you which one you're in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast