Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Broad Mountain Hunting Club looking for a few more members

Hi, Broad Mountain is still looking for another couple members to fill the rest of their slots. Please contact me for more info or visit the website BroadMountainHuntingClub.com. We've got about 2,000 acres of great wooded land just outside of Pine Grove in WMU 4C. There is a cabin for club members’ use with a flush toilet, small gun range, some playground equipment for the kids, a nice pavilion area, and a generator for power if needed.

Hope to see you out there!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Broad Mountain Hunting Club looking for a few more members

I didn't see anything on their website about the dues amount. Also, about how many members do they have?

(Lancaster County)

^^I am interested in the answer to the two questions above as well!

(Berks County)

Yearly dues are $355 & that includes year round access for hiking, biking, camping etc off season. There's also coyote around so you could actually hunt there all year. I'm not sure on the number of members, but I think we're around 40 families right now. There's quite a few people who don't come out too often & some that are local that are out there quite a bit - probably like most clubs. Guests are allowed to come as long as they're not hunting. You could bring them to hike or camp.

I'm a new member there myself this year, so I don't have all the info. I'm helping out making the site & trying to get the word out via the web though. I just put the dues info on the site & added a better map to show the club boundaries.

Please PM me (or write me via the website) & I can get you the phone number of one of the club officers who can fill you in on much more detail & info than I can. You can also arrange to go up for a tour to see the land.

Thanks!
    Jay

(Berks County)

May I ask ... Who are the Board of Directors... They appear to have an insane amount of power and no accountability to the membership...

(Berks County)

I'm waiting to get the list of board members to put up on the site. That's not the case though. I'm not sure why that comes across that way to you. There are club meetings once a month, all of the people are very nice & everything is discussed & voted on. It's a good group of people. No drama, no fuss.

Thanks,
    Jay

(Carbon County)

i have to agree with Kahuna, i was reading some of the stuff on the website, and those directors seem like they get no input from the members. and what they say is what you get. seems like they are on a power trip. no atvs except sept to dec? what about the summer?

(Berks County)

The club is a non-profit organization set up to lease the land for the club. The landowners have many specific rules that the club has to follow. The ATV rule is theirs, not from the board members. Much of the land is co-leased with Rausch Creek Off-Road park. I'm pretty sure that's why they don't want everyone driving around on ATVs during the off season. They also had an issue with a dog getting caught up in a snare or something, so they made a no trapping rule. The board members are good people. Nobody's on a power trip at all. They get plenty of feedback from the members. Everything is voted on at meetings, but they can't bypass any of the rules set by the landowner.

I hope this helps clear some of that up. Please PM me if you'd like to get in touch with the club president. He will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,
    Jay