Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Invited to a neighborhood CeaseFirePa meeting

No franks & beans, fuck it, not worth attending then.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Good Luck!

4:30 to 7:30 -- dang, it's just 5:35 now. I gotta find some way to occupy another couple of hours before we get the field report from the neighborhood spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    4:30 to 7:30 -- dang, it's just 5:35 now. I gotta find some way to occupy another couple of hours before we get the field report from the neighborhood spy.
    Everything's under control..We got our best man on it..

(Montgomery County)

Let me open by saying that when someone (in this case the members of CFPa) keeps repeating a phrase over and over again I tend to get suspicious. “We are not against guns”.

Attendees:
    Approximately 50
    1. Several CFPa board members. Including new Executive Director.
    2. Couple of neighbors that I had never met.
    3. Mayor of Chester.
    4. Whole bunch of folks I did not know.

The Stage:
    1. Big house.
    2. Fully catered with sushi, etc.
    3. Full bar.
    4. Musician.

My Notes:
    1. I heard the following phrases several times-
    A. “We need to Educate people about Hand Guns.”
    B. “We are not against guns”.
    C. “We are not involved with assault or hunting guns”.

2. This was slipped in- Did you know that there is no limit on hand gun purchases. We think that one gun a month is enough. That equals 12 guns a year and if wife buys the same that’s 24 guns. How many guns does a suburban household really need? (Every so often they slip this stuff in)

3. Our fundraising has had tremendous success in the past 5 years.

4. Dan Muroff Exec Dir spoke- CFPa not antigun. CFPa purpose is to stop gun violence. Need to stop illegal sales of guns. Not about taking guns away. Regarding the 2nd Amendment, we are thrilled that the Supreme Court has confirmed it.

5. Joe Grace past Exec Dir spoke- 4 big things accomplished: 1. Court Watch. 2. Attorney General elected that is open to gun dialog. 3. Prevented NRA from accomplishing legislative goals in Harrisburg. 4. Took partial credit for Straw Buyer legislation.

6. Shira Goodman spoke- I noticed that she used cover words like “Illegal guns” to soften the delivery. They have a new program- Where do the guns come from. Used to pressure local govt and media to publicize where the guns originated and how the bad guy got it. This one got me: “We do not have discussion around the 2nd Amendment”. In other words arguing the 2nd is and has been a loser so we won’t waste our time on this. Mentioned a foundation that is providing $$$ to start the Where Did The Gun Come From program. Will be starting this in Pittsburgh area.

7. Mayor of Chester spoke- I am fine with the 2nd Amendment. Missing and stolen guns should be reported and be law. Irresponsible gun owners are the problem.

8. Closing speaker board member- A. For 5 years the NRA placed a spy in our organization. Mother Jones uncovered this spy. B. A lot of education must be done to NRA members and others.

My opinion- The CFPa folks have a clear, concise and practiced pitch filled with the right buzz words to convince others that their entire goal is to stop Illegal Guns from being by criminals. They are insistent that they are fine with the 2nd Amendment and NOT against guns.

The only problem is that they just can’t help themselves. For example bringing up the One Gun a Month program. Questioning why any suburban household would ever need 24 guns in their household. I did not stay to mingle after the 60 minute presentation.

(Delaware County)

We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment...

Question.... Has CeaseFire ever... READ the second Amendment?

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
    So.... What is your purpose and mission again? What part of: "Shall not be infringed" do YOU not understand?

Thanks for the report. Rep on its way
    Last edited by BimmerJon; December 9th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Before you left you should have asked if anyone else was carrying besides yourself.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Ooooh sushi! My club just has hot dogs. What's ceasfire's round limit on their rifle range, I could be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment... We believe in the second Amendment... We have no issue with the second Amendment...

Question.... Has CeaseFire ever... READ the second Amendment?

So.... What is your purpose and mission again? What part of: "Shall not be infringed" do YOU not understand?
    Perzackly.

(Washington County)

Fascinating and well done. I live near PBH and have not heard of this program to ID guns origins. Its gonna be interesting.

BTW, I am originally from CA and the lax laws in this state blew my mind....in a good way. Closest thing to "shall not infringe" that I have ever seen.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast