Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Invited to a neighborhood CeaseFirePa meeting

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    My parents let us kids hold the toaster ONCE. The slots were empty and the safety (unplugged) was on though
    Makes sense. Removes the mystery and allure of the toaster.

(Montgomery County)

I have decided to attend the gathering. Will listen, take notes and provide feedback.

(Delaware County)

In for LULZ

(Chester County)

M1aFan, I agree that as a neighbor you should go and gather all the intel as to what their arguments are and response to opposing views if presented. IMO since it is a public meeting, they have no expectation of privacy tHerefore recording the meeting would not violate that unless it is posted that nothing is to be recorded. Don't let your position known but if possible ask the non threatening questions presented here by others.

I would then suggest that we have a similar gathering, using the same neighborhood email group to invite. I would use the theme of their meetings learning about "preventing handgun violence in Pennsylvania" but add "while safeguarding your family and your rights. Those PAFOA members who have MD, PhD, CPA after their names need to attend to demonstrate that those who believe in the 2nd amendment are people just like them, maybe not as liberal, but in the same profession. It would also be great if LEO members would also be there to give their side. Promote the gathering as a means to educate that the majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens that are equally against the violence but do not see restricting our rights as the answer. I would gladly kick in a few bucks to fund the gathering. Just offering another idea.

(Allegheny County)

My cell phone has a voice recorder that works quite well even while inside it's leather belt holster. I've used it during classes where I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with taking notes so that I could review at home later and be sure I had gotten all of the info correct.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

I'm curious to how the meeting turns out.

Can't wait to hopefully hear how the meeting goes.
    Ask some of the great questions that have been stated. Be polite. Don't argue, state facts. I would CC and at the end of the meeting let them know and ask "If someone barged in and started shooting I bet you would be glad I would be able to possibly save some of you." Or "My firearm didn't go off by itself this whole meeting."

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    My cell phone has a voice recorder that works quite well even while inside it's leather belt holster. I've used it during classes where I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with taking notes so that I could review at home later and be sure I had gotten all of the info correct.
    Is this meeting is a public place or private?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Is this meeting is a public place or private?
    I have no idea, nor am I suggesting he break any laws. That's up to the OP to determine.
    I'm just stating that I've used my phone to take accurate written notes with later - not to share with anyone else.

Also, I would dismiss all of these suggestions to "whip it out and let 'em know that the enemy was in their midst all night long."

Stupid idea, and downright rude, to be honest.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

It is by invitation only. I have no intention to record, disrupt, carry etc. My reason for attending is strictly personal education.

I feel that it is important to understand all sides of an issue and what better way then to attend a gathering of gun control advocates. Just recently a good friend ran for congress. He is a D and I am an R. I attended many events to support the Man, not the party. It was fascinating to hear the "other side", all the while they had no idea of my beliefs. It felt like I had entered a Parallel Universe!

I will be taking notes, although I suspect that most of their presentation will be completely scripted BS. The BEST juice should come when you have small group discussion, people tend to let their hair down, feel more secure, and say whats REALLY on their mind.

Just a quick note: These people have $$$. Those organizing and those attending. The catering truck arrived this am and I am sure they are not serving Franks & Beans.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast