Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Invited to a neighborhood CeaseFirePa meeting

Go to the meeting and ask innocent questions that give the presenters plenty of opportunity to lie. don't word the questions in a way that reveals that your mind is already made up.Take good notes. When they pass the hat, try to be the first one to talk, and say that you are going to do some fact checking first. If given a good excuse and peer pressure is neutralized, many people will jump on it to avoid opening their wallets. You are putting the presenters in a no win situation - they will trigger suspicion if they are not willing to wait a few days for their facts to be checked (you can certainly help with that if they insist on money right now). Go home and do some homework. Get your facts from government sources (not editorials or news stories). Put together a well thought out email and send it to the neighborhood chain. Make sure that the facts you cite are bulletproof, be rational, and expose all of the lies you can. Follow up in person when you see others from your neighborhood.

This is how I would do it, YMMV. Subversion, if done correctly, will usually get better results than confrontation that the presenters are expecting. Make them play YOUR game.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Allegheny County)

If you have time print out some of the pamphlets available here and hand them out. Providing the correct information, especially in written form, will do much more for our cause than showing your ass on your way out to a bunch of liberals. That being said, I think it would be well deserved by them hahaha.

(Bucks County)

If I might chime in. First off I lived in NJ for over 25 years and PA for 6 years....just moved back. I have seen what "Ceasefire-NJ" has done to this state. They are relentless in their attacks. I say go and bring and many Pro 2A supporters as possible. Our silence on these subjects make the anti-gunners feel they right in their stance as there is no "opposition". Go in prepared with why guns and the 2A are important.Why criminals will continue to get guns. Show how the strictest gun laws in cities have made things worse...Chicago, Camden, Newark as examples.

We have sat back way too long and there is no time to sit back and laugh at their comments.

One final note, back in 2007 our local school was pushing inappropriate videos on 3rd graders behind the backs of parents...no note was sent home, nothing. Long story short, it went from one meeting with school officials, to a great awakening in our district. People were informed properly and the video was removed. Out of 1000 schools nation wide, this was the only school that removed it. It sent a chain reaction that other schools banned it as well. Remember, this was in NJ and yes, we fought the NJEA. We had threats made to me and my family. Both verbal and mailed.

What I'm trying to say, is when they think they are "out numbered" or feel pressed they back down. Don't even let the foot in the door.

Depending on which day you're meeting, I will go. The days of going to work and then coming home to relax are over. These days of complaining and laughing it off are over as well. We need to stand together and keep on top of this battle. It's time to activate and NOW!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Go to the meeting and ask innocent questions that give the presenters plenty of opportunity to lie. don't word the questions in a way that reveals that your mind is already made up.Take good notes. When they pass the hat, try to be the first one to talk, and say that you are going to do some fact checking first. If given a good excuse and peer pressure is neutralized, many people will jump on it to avoid opening their wallets. You are putting the presenters in a no win situation - they will trigger suspicion if they are not willing to wait a few days for their facts to be checked (you can certainly help with that if they insist on money right now). Go home and do some homework. Get your facts from government sources (not editorials or news stories). Put together a well thought out email and send it to the neighborhood chain. Make sure that the facts you cite are bulletproof, be rational, and expose all of the lies you can. Follow up in person when you see others from your neighborhood.

This is how I would do it, YMMV. Subversion, if done correctly, will usually get better results than confrontation that the presenters are expecting. Make them play YOUR game.
    This is a quality suggestion. 1. It enables other folks to stop and think. 2. The neighborhood follow up e-mail.

(Chester County)

" If given a good excuse and peer pressure is neutralized, many people will jump on it to avoid opening their wallets. "

I think Gripsafety has an excellent and clever overall plan for dealing with this situation. Denying the organization a major fund raising opportunity is a great way to lessen their effectiveness.

You might also want to have as many (undercover) pro-gun friends/residents in attendance as possible in case things do not go as planned. Many voices calmly arguing rational pro-gun positions will always be more effective than one lone person who they could attempt to later marginalize and characterize as the local "kook".

Also, I personally wouldn't make a scene at the end flashing CCWs or NRA membership cards. There would be no point in doing that. Consistently arguing your points while appearing more calm and rational than the Ceasefire idiots would be more effective in winning over your neighbors, in my opinion.

(Montgomery County)

I thought that it would be helpful for all to see the invitation. I have deleted names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers.

Happy Snow, Neighbors and Friends! I am sending this invitation out for NAME (my neighbor two doors down) who invites you to a special gathering this Sunday. I hoped to put a real live invite in your boxes this afternoon, but with work and snow, it is not looking too likely. I attended last year and completely enjoyed meeting new people, learning about CeaseFire and getting a chance to talk in NAME warm and inviting home.
    She of course is a top-notched hostess who feeds us well!
    Please, please COME!!
    You’re Invited
    Sunday, December 9th 2012
    NAME
    ADDRESS
    Radnor, PA 19087
    Music * Cocktails * Appetizers * Dinner
    4:30 to 7:30 pm
    Meet and greet your friends and neighbors & some board members of CeaseFire PA. A short 25 minute introduction to the mission & accomplishments of CeaseFire PA will take place between appetizers and dinner.
    We hope you can join us! It would be good to see you.
    RSVP taken by email :
    EMAIL ADDRESS
    NAME is in Peru until November 29th, so planning is being handled thru CeaseFire PA Office.

The NAME Family are the ones who saved the block party three years ago when a torrential rain storm interrupted our celebrations, and we all made a mad dash to our garage. It was great fun. The block party usually happens right in front of our home every year. We thought it would be great to host our neighbors and local friends just before the holidays. NAME is a member of CeaseFire PA, an organization dedicated to preventing hand gun violence in Pennsylvania. One of our neighbors, NAME was our past executive director for several years.
    This organization grew out of the million MOM march to Washington DC about 10 years ago.
    This will be a fun evening with some music, great food, drinks and a light fair dinner catered by Betty the Caterer. We really hope your able to join us. This is a free event and no solicitations will be made to anyone. Anyone wishing to learn more about CeaseFire PA, become involved or to contribute would be welcomed but it is not expected to attend the event. This is a social and educational event. We may have Mayor Michael Nutter joining us. It is not yet confirmed but the Mayer has expressed a willingness to attend if his schedule is free. NAME is away in Peru until Nov. 29th so the Cease Fire PA office is handling the RSVP
    Thanks so very much!

MY TAKE ON THE INVITATION:
    1. They Soft Sell the gathering.
    2. They allow THREE HOURS to brain wash the unsuspecting guests.
    3. As you can see there are TWO very active members in my neighborhood. Ugg.
    4. States that it is a free event with NO solicitations. This needs to be discussed further.

CONCLUSION:
    This event is organized by my Liberal Elitist neighbors. All have PHD, DR or some other tag to their name. They are Upper Middle Class, have been unaffected by the Recession/Depression, send their kids to expensive Main Line private schools. Not ONE of them cuts their own grass.

ENJOY picking this thing apart! I truly appreciate your comments and suggestions.

(Delaware County)

I'd go, open carrying, and listen to what everyone has to say without making a stink at all. Let them make fools of themselves.

(Delaware County)

Can't come - I'm teaching a carbine class that day - don't think they'd appreciate an open carried AR
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post

^^^ THIS ^^^^

IMHO, best post in the thread.

An organization by nature makes its position on the issue in question known, but individuals don't unless they choose to. Use that fact to gather information about their plans; knowledge is power. Introduce doubt into the minds of the others there that may be on the fence. Don't "tip your hand" until absolutely necessary.

You go in there OCing or making it plain that you're there to work against them, and they'll play you. You'll give them a villain at which they can direct all their arguments and misguided, pent-up anger. Don't give them the opportunity.

As gripsafety says above, make them play YOUR game.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lehigh County)

You should go and offer to do a demonstration....

You - Can I have a volunteer???

Vol - What do I have to do?

You - You don't think anyone has a reason to own/carry guns unless they are LEOs???

Vol - Yes, that is correct.

You - The average response time for a 911 call is more than 5 minutes.... I will now press start on my stop watch...

Vol - What???

You - [PUNCH HIM/HER IN THE FACE]

Vol - Owww... OMG Why did you....

Vol - Owww, WTF????

Vol - OMG, will someone please help me????

You - I bet you wish you had a gun now don't you???? It's only been [read the time on the stop watch] the police are still minutes away....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast