Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default xs big dot sights

Anyone use xs big dot sights? Thinking about getting a set for my glock 19

Default Re: xs big dot sights

Yes, they are on my pocket 9mm. Massive front sight, at 30 feet they cover maybe a 6"? circle on the target. On my LC9, the sight picture held at 6oclock was dead on. With the big dot sight, now I just cover the target with the large front dot and it's on (center of mass shoots). I would not consider these sights for anything other than close range and picking up a fast sight picture (close and personal).

However, XS has a few videos instructing one how to use their sights for distance shots.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

My wife has one on her Ruger SP101. It really helps with fast, close up (less than 15yds) shots. It took some practice to get the dot positioned just right for longer shots (25yds+).

(Lycoming County)

They are a good quick acquisition sight for things IMO 15 yards and less. They came on my Glock 23(LE trade in) and they worked well till the front sight flew off at the range one day and i didnt want to bother to pay more than I thought 1 sight was worth to replace it so I went with Warren Tacticals. The tacticals were good and more accurate the XS quicker to pickup for fast shots./

(Lawrence County)

Over-rated. Fiber optics work better in the day and a decent night sight will track almost as well at night. Both will give you better options for tight shots depending on the application.

Lycanpassonthefattysightsthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

I have a set installed on my Glock 19 - They are definitly different than any other sights. I find the sight picture not as "instictive" as XS claims, but in their defense, its not the gun I carry/use most often. My son shoots this gun quite often and is more than competitive with it for speed steel shooting ( relativly close ranges <15 yards mainly ).

Maybe its an old dogs / new tricks thing for me , but YMMV

Good Luck

Jeff

(Montgomery County)

I am not a fan of the big dot, I am a fan of the standard dot from XS. The standard dot is about the same size as a standard sight and works well with stock rear sight systems. The only difference between the big dot and standard dot is the size of the white ring around the tritium vial. The tritium vials are the exact same size.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!