Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Utah CCW Class Yesterday

Yesterday we had a training class for the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in Broomall, PA.. The instructor was Jason from JSHolsters. I thought he did a great job. The class is required for the application for a Utah hand gun carry permit.
    Jason's main message was to avoid armed confrontation at all costs.

ken

(Chester County)

Default Re: Utah CCW Class Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by kabur66 View Post
    Yesterday we had a training class for the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in Broomall, PA.. The instructor was Jason from JSHolsters. I thought he did a great job. The class is required for the application for a Utah hand gun carry permit.
    Jason's main message was to avoid armed confrontation at all costs.

ken
    I'm thinking about taking the class in December that's in Upland, PA. What all is included for the fee? The class itself obviously, but what about fingerprint service and the paperwork required? I originally planned to attend a class out past Harrisburg but was unable to attend. That class was $85 plus $10 fingerprint fee, and they sent all of your paperwork out for you. Basically $95 and you walk away with everything done. Just curious if his class is the same. Thanks.

(Delaware County)

I was at the class last weekend too. I agree that Jason did a very good job. He even managed to make it entertaining. The cost is $100 for just the course. Fingerprints were $10 and the required photo was $10 for two.

While this may be equal to if not slightly more than the other course you are considering you need to know that Jason also provided a letter to use when applying for your Florida permit (he stated it has satisfied FL requirements for all his former students and that if you find that it will not he will give you one of the NRA courses he teaches for free), he included a CD with all of the slides he used in the course and although probably not included with all his courses, he bought us pizza for lunch.

Be advised you will need to obtain the FL kit (includes forms and fingerprint card) from FL by writing to them before the class. Here is the link to order the card from FL. http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FOR...equest790.html
    Last edited by phatbiker; November 10th, 2012 at 07:03 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post
    I was at the class last weekend too. I agree that Jason did a very good job. He even managed to make it entertaining. The cost is $100 for just the course. Fingerprints were $10 and the required photo was $10 for two.

While this may be equal to if not slightly more than the other course you are considering you need to know that Jason also provided a letter to use when applying for your Florida permit (he stated it has satisfied FL requirements for all his former students and that if you find that it will not he will give you one of the NRA courses he teaches for free), he included a CD with all of the slides he used in the course and although probably not included with all his courses, he bought us pizza for lunch.

Be advised you will need to obtain the FL kit (includes forms and fingerprint card) from FL by writing to them before the class. Here is the link to order the card from FL. http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FOR...equest790.html
    Yea, I agree. The only thing was that we had to send in the application on our own. No big deal. Jason helped us fill out out the application.

(Delaware County)

FWIW for you guys getting Utah, I just renewed my Utah CFP online via the Utah website.

It took 7 days from when I submitted the application online to when I had the new permit in hand.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/191...e-renewal.html

(Montgomery County)

The Utah class also satisfies Arizona's requirements. Which would give you a few more states.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebluevette View Post
    The Utah class also satisfies Arizona's requirements. Which would give you a few more states.
    thanks for the info. I will check into it. . . . .ken

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    FWIW for you guys getting Utah, I just renewed my Utah CFP online via the Utah website.

It took 7 days from when I submitted the application online to when I had the new permit in hand.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/191...e-renewal.html
    How did you submit the fingerproint card?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kabur66 View Post
    How did you submit the fingerproint card?
    For a RENEWAL you don't need a fingerprint card, my post was about renewing a Utah CFP online, for future reference for you guys just getting one.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post

Thanks. I'm going to take the class in December and it works out that we mail in our own forms. I'm relocating to SC in January and I'm not sure where I'll be living yet so being able to mail out the forms at a later time is good. I did a little research and saw that SC only recognizes SC permits but at least the Utah will be good for NC and GA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast