Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Yugo PAP M92 sbr project

Quote Originally Posted by KelFox View Post
    I ended up going with this http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...prod=M92-BFA92. I ran with the no mod adapter for a little, till I got fed up with it. The side folding mechanism is the one from ACE, so I just drilled and tapped the rear trunion plate, cut a groove in it with a dremel (Like this http://riflestocks.com/store/product35.html) and discarded the no mod adapter from usmachinegun and just bolted the stock right to the receiver that way.

The stock looks cool, but it is heavy. Easily adds 2lbs of weight. Knowing all of this if I had to do it again I would just get the adapter and mechanism from ACE along with one of their collapsible stocks.

Thanks for the link. I think my next NFA stamp is going to be for my M92 and I want a decent side folder for it.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by KelFox View Post
    I ended up going with this http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddeta...prod=M92-BFA92. I ran with the no mod adapter for a little, till I got fed up with it. The side folding mechanism is the one from ACE, so I just drilled and tapped the rear trunion plate, cut a groove in it with a dremel (Like this http://riflestocks.com/store/product35.html) and discarded the no mod adapter from usmachinegun and just bolted the stock right to the receiver that way.

The stock looks cool, but it is heavy. Easily adds 2lbs of weight. Knowing all of this if I had to do it again I would just get the adapter and mechanism from ACE along with one of their collapsible stocks.

Can you use the No-Mod Adapter with the Ace Side Folding Adapter and Ace Stock?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deliemma View Post
    Can you use the No-Mod Adapter with the Ace Side Folding Adapter and Ace Stock?
    Yes. The no mod adapter is from what I can tell made to use the ACE mechanisms. But like I said, the no mod adapter isn't the most elegant solution, and if you're even slightly mechanically inclined, doing what I did drilling tapping and notching the back of the receiver is a better way to go.
    Last edited by KelFox; February 5th, 2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction

(Bucks County)

Subscribed...

I'm planning on using the Ace adapter and stock. Original, maybe not, but simple and functional.

Krink brake and pin on it's way from Curtis.

(Philadelphia County)

had a question and searching i found this old thread... so here is my question:

in the state of PA, can one legally FTF, private party buy and then own/ use (for example) an m85 pap that has had a 7" muzzle brake welded onto it by a gunsmith with a fixed stock that was added after the muzzle brake was permanently welded onto it - as a 'long gun' (which in PA does not require FFL) and not a pistol (which does requires FFL)?

i saw this offered up on another site for sale as a 'long gun' and wasn't sure legally about this... since the m85 started out as 'pistol' and then 'permanently' became a long gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12