Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Potter County)

Default Niles Guns N Gold

Recently I noticed a new shop opened just outside Wellsboro, Pa on Route six DBA Niles Guns N Gold.
    When I wanted to ship a handgun and a rifle out to a friend for his son I decided to check out their shipping/transfer fees so I stopped in.

Dealer stated that for the service he would charge actual shipping cost plus $20.00 for himself. I thought that was fair so agreed to bring the guns back for shipping.

Went back several days ago and dropped off the transfer guns and noticed a handgun in his case which I had interest in so told the dealer that I would bring back some suitable trade material and see if we could make a deal.
    When I left the guns for transfer, I left the dealer $60.00 so that he would not, even for several days, be out-of-pocket in the deal. I told the dealer I would return in several days and we would adjust the amount to the agreed upon amount.

Went back today and was presented with a bill for $108.00! He stated that Fedex charged $88.00 for shipping the two firearms to the same destination (ffl dealer) and insurance (He chose $1500.00 coverage, he said).

I was flagergasted! $88.00 TO SHIP TWO GUNS!

While I was there and being I had brought two guns to trade for the one I was interested in, I asked him what he could do with the trade. I thought I was giving him plenty of room for profit and wanted a straight trade. He stated he needed to get $20.00 boot. Said that with the $20.00 Boot, plus $15.00 PICS fee, plus tax, I was looking at $37.00 and change for the deal.

Then I noticed a sign on his back wall that stated that this establishment will charge a $50.00 Additional fee for any refused OR DELAYED PICS inquiry.

SAY WHAT! I have seen others delayed on a regular basis for some small thing in the past that the operators are unsure of, in fact, I have a friend that regularly gets delayed but always is approved. So this guy charges $50.00 if you are delayed.

I decided that this was not a business I wanted to give my money to and turned down his trade offer.

BTW, is the Pa. PICS fee now $15.00?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Niles Guns N Gold

Then I noticed a sign on his back wall that stated that this establishment will charge a $50.00 Additional fee for any refused OR DELAYED PICS inquiry.

SAY WHAT! I have seen others delayed on a regular basis for some small thing in the past that the operators are unsure of, in fact, I have a friend that regularly gets delayed but always is approved. So this guy charges $50.00 if you are delayed.
    This is crazy. I was put in research status. There is absolutely no way I'd consent to paying an extra $50 because PICS turned into PR(esearch)CS. That's the state's problem not mine.

(Lehigh County)

Don't see how he can impose a sur-charge for a delay.

(York County)

The pics fee is $5.00 the rest is pure profit for him.

Ziggy's Custom Barrels and gun shop in Dover, only charges $15.00 for a transfer and that incluces the pics fee.

Niles Guns N Gold is ripping you off with that delay fee of $50.

Now as to the shipping, if he sent it Fed Ex or UPS it has to go by overnite air which is HUGELY expensive. I am not up on the federal regs with the post office.

Hope that helps!

(Tioga County)

just to clear up what that fellow said he was given the reciped from fed ex and the sign in my shop says $50.00 fee to process a refund on a no pass or delay because my time isnt free . and pics check very from dealer to dealer some as high as $40.00

(Tioga County)

guess your not a ffl dealer because you dont know what it cost the dealer your guessing or some one is lieing to you

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Niles Guns & Gold View Post
    just to clear up what that fellow said he was given the reciped from fed ex and the sign in my shop says $50.00 fee to process a refund on a no pass or delay because my time isnt free . and pics check very from dealer to dealer some as high as $40.00
    WOW! That is some of the worst customer service I ever heard. I for one will never visit your store. You defend yourself by saying " I have a sign"

True customer service would work with the customer, not come on a public forum and say I have a sign and my time is money. Hey, I got news for you, everybody's time is worth money and there are much more friendly dealers around. Once you loose customers and no one is in your place anymore, your time won't be worth crap.

Then, on your second post you come on here and bash your customer. You must be a piece of work to deal with.

(Delaware County)

guess your not a ffl dealer because you dont know what it cost the dealer your guessing or some one is lieing to you
    What do you think someone is lieing about? I am not sure who you are replying to.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Mercer County)

We only charge $5 for the PICS check. We pay the state a $3 surcharge fee per gun and $2 for calling in the check. Not $15. If your paying more than $5 your getting ripped off. Why should a customer that is purchasing a firearm off of me have to pay extra for me to sell it to them. That is obsurd. A LGS shold work with the customer not bend them over the counter every chance they get. Places like these wont be in buisness very long.
    Last edited by ChrisUSMC; May 25th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

(Mercer County)

So you must be selling your guns at cost or way to cheap if you have to profit off of a delay. How much time does it really take for a delay. an extra 10 mins. Ya your gun is tied up for a few days but its part of the deal. Firearm dealers have it tough enough without us being represented by dealers that rip customers off at every turn. Nothing ticks me off more than having a customer come in and tell me he got ripped off by another dealer. You can catch more flies with honey than vineger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast