Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default My new suppressor host

1895 Nagant pistol, 1931 Tula with a threaded barrel and a rail added. Burris Fast Fire. 9mm Coastal suppressor usually used with my Beretta 92. But not now.. lol

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: My new suppressor host

Nice! The only revolver you can effectively suppress.

Who threaded the barrel?
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

So, how quiet is it? I am interested, because as the last poster pointed out, it should be most effective with the Nagant's sealing system. Now to get rid of that 478 pound trigger press! LOL Any chance of a video?
    Jules

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Nice! The only revolver you can effectively suppress. Who threaded the barrel?
    Thanks. I took it to my gunsmith located North of Butler. He installed the rail too. He did a great job.

So, how quiet is it? I am interested, because as the last poster pointed out, it should be most effective with the Nagant's sealing system. Now to get rid of that 478 pound trigger press! LOL Any chance of a video?
    Jules
    Its pretty quiet. Probably a bit better than my Beretta92 due to there is no semi automatic mechanical noise. Different caliber too. That's all I have to judge it by.

Man that trigger pull is a killer. I'm going to install a #8 or #10 nut on the trigger pull spring. I read it makes the pull a bit better.

Video? Man I'm so busy with work and home remodel I'm pulling my hair out. Besides, Look how bad the pic is.. Maybe in a week or two. Would be cool to take a video at night to see how much of a flash there is between the wheel and barrel. I'll try to make time.
    Last edited by TTR; November 2nd, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Monroe County)

My buddy is buying one of them to suppress. I will find out if he has a gunsmith lined up to thread it or I might need to know who you used.

(Butler County)

No problem. He does a great job but he is really busy. This job took around 16 weeks but I knew that going in. I wasn't in a hurry.

The barrel comes out pretty easy. I put the barrel in a vise and protected it with a bunch of rags. Righty tighty lefty loosy. Came right out with little effort. I re-installed it with medium thread lock.

(Pike County)

Very nice, the optic is a great idea. I want to buy a Nagant just to suppress one, I heard one on YouTube and they're Hollywood silent:

More info on silenced Nagant's:

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TTR View Post
    The barrel comes out pretty easy. I put the barrel in a vise and protected it with a bunch of rags. Righty tighty lefty loosy. Came right out with little effort. I re-installed it with medium thread lock.
    Oh ok, I will let him know that the tube comes out easy. I have lead shims that he can use for protecting the barrel, I bought them for my barrel removing clamp so I can R&R Thompson barrels.