Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Gun Buyback Protest

Please RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/4502...0286155008128/

I am organizing a protest in support of our 2nd amendment rights and its also a great way to make a statement. Big government wants law-abiding citizens to hand over their guns in exchange for a measly $50 grocery gift card.

The Phoenixville police force along with Mayor Leo Scoda are hosting a gun buyback program. The Phoenixville Area Gun Turn-In Program will ru
    n from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Borough Hall Nov. 10.

Through the gun confiscation, the event’s organizers hope to create more of “a safe community.” How exactly does it make the community more "safe" again? If anything, we should have gun awareness day and teach people how to properly use and protect themselves. Because if we hand over our guns, the only people left that will have guns are the criminals. This does not help or even stop illegal handgun owners or criminals. Its a bribe against law-abiding citizens. I'm sure we're all aware of the UN Global Gun Ban... hint hint.

THE MAYOR SAYS THINGS LIKE... “When there are break-ins of houses, I guarantee you one of the first things that is taken is a gun,”. Well Mr Mayor, I guarantee one of the first things that I will grab is MY GUN.

Scoda said "turning in the firearms also makes for greater safety within a person’s home". LOL righhht.

*****Rally will start at noon on Saturday November 10th and last till 2pm. We will meet at noon on the sidewalk at Borough Hall, 140 Church Street Phoenixville, Pa 19460. BRING PATRIOTIC SIGNS AND FLAGS*****

HERE'S THE ARTICLE: http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/201...uyback-program

Default Re: Gun Buyback Protest

This may not be great use of energy, but who cares? Seems to me that the kinda person willing to trade a gun for a $50 card is someone who happens to have a gun but doesn't appreciate or care for it e.g. Uncles old gun left in a closet and almost forgotten. It's not such a bad idea for people who don't take gun ownership seriously to be given a chance to trade it. These are the people more likely to leave gun around for a kid to find, hurt someone with it, and lead to more bad pr for guns and hyper reactionary legislation. I'm not sure I get why it's worth protesting. Maybe you could show up and offer free training courses and trigger locks to anyone tgat wants to change their mid and not sell? That would remind people that it isn't guns that are unsafe, but people who don't know or respect the guns.

(Westmoreland County)

...Or bring your favorite ffl dealer and offer $75
    I Dial 1911

Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    ...Or bring your favorite ffl dealer and offer $75
    Or forget the dealer and just buy long-guns.
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    This may not be great use of energy, but who cares? Seems to me that the kinda person willing to trade a gun for a $50 card is someone who happens to have a gun but doesn't appreciate or care for it e.g. Uncles old gun left in a closet and almost forgotten. It's not such a bad idea for people who don't take gun ownership seriously to be given a chance to trade it. These are the people more likely to leave gun around for a kid to find, hurt someone with it, and lead to more bad pr for guns and hyper reactionary legislation. I'm not sure I get why it's worth protesting. Maybe you could show up and offer free training courses and trigger locks to anyone tgat wants to change their mid and not sell? That would remind people that it isn't guns that are unsafe, but people who don't know or respect the guns.
    I like the idea of careless owners getting rid of guns they don't maintain/lock up/etc. They should go to a gun shop and get double or more than the buyback program.

Do FFL's run the sellers at the buyback? Or can a gun with bodies on it get evidence dumped anonymously? I don't support that.

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    Or can a gun with bodies on it get evidence dumped anonymously? I don't support that.
    This is what happens at a lot of them. It's "no questions asked".
    Iconoclastic Individual Specimen

(Montgomery County)

I think this is a really good idea. I'd love for FFLs to attend these buybacks to buy those guns and sell them back to their customers.

(Erie County)

there is no level of stupidity greater than thinking that this is effective except for those who probably don't legally own them to bring them to dump. its like saying... here is a 50$ card for being a good criminal.
    live to ride

(Montgomery County)

I can't find where in the article it says "no questions asked".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I can't find where in the article it says "no questions asked".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_buyback_program

The goal is to reduce the number of guns, especially illegal guns, on the street, and provide a process where citizens can turn in weapons without fear of prosecution.

The particular advert for this program may not say that, but that's how I understood buybacks to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast