Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default .357 sig m&p, hk, sig sauer

I am looking to jump in the market for a .357 Sig. I am an "S&W guy" so I am naturally drawn to the m&p compact, but my local shop has a sig p239 previously enjoyed, and I am intrigued by the HK p2000sk.

Anyone out there shot any of these together to offer a comparison or feedback?

(Venango County)

Default Re: .357 sig m&p, hk, sig sauer

All great guns, can not really go wrong. If you plan to ccw the 239 would be it for me.

(Warren County)

I've got a P239, P226 and Glock 31 & 32 in 357 Sig, great caliber. The P239 is a very accurate gun, small enough to conceal easily and easy to shoot. All metal so the recoil is easy to handle. The rounds are snappy, much more so than 9mm but very manageable. Never shot an HK, so no imput on them. I've shot M&P's before, 9mm and 40 but not in 357 Sig. They are very good guns, but for the most part I'm a metal gun guy (my 2 glocks the exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
    I am looking to jump in the market for a .357 Sig. I am an "S&W guy" so I am naturally drawn to the m&p compact, but my local shop has a sig p239 previously enjoyed, and I am intrigued by the HK p2000sk.

Tim , USAF Ret.

(Erie County)

I have a P239 in 9mm and love it. Excellent carry gun, my girlfreind now carries that one and loves it too. I also have a P229 in .357SIG and it shoots great. Awersome/hot little round. Great guns and a great round. Personally I would lean toward the P239 just because I love mine.

The M&P has the lowest bore axis of the guns listed---IMO that's an important factor when you're shooting 'snappy' rounds like the 357SIG.

All are good reliable guns, but I'd go M&P here just for follow up shot speed alone.

(Beaver County)

Good luck finding an HK P2000SK in 357 sig.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    Good luck finding an HK P2000SK in 357 sig.
    They're findable and can also be ordered. That being said I have a .357 sig conversion barrel for my P229 and the gun loves the round. Accurate as hell.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by serpentine View Post

My first dip in the water was an M&P 357 sig, awful gun, really , it was horrible to shoot.
    Traded it in for a P226 in 357 and have not looked back, actually I recall a member here buying it from the gun store I traded it at.
    You really have to try the guns, the 357sig is a nice round but needs a big set of paws to keep it under control,lol

(Bucks County)

the HK is probably the best gun of the ones you mentioned but HK's are huge if you plan on concealed carry i have a USP45C and it's almost as big as the full size USP and not very concealable unless I'm wearing a coat. the sig p239 is a great gun too but you're limited with the single stack mag if that means anything to you. I carry a Kahr p45 and i'm comfortable with the limited number of rounds per magazine but others prefer guns with greater capacity. i own a SW M&P 40 and it's a great gun so I'm sure the M&P in 357 sig is just as capable as my 40. with all that said i don't think you can go wrong with any of the guns you're considering. if possible rent them but at the very least handle each one to see which gun fits your hand better.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for all the input. I am liking all of the Sig suggestions...which is really making me want to try the p239 that is at my local shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast