Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Dan Wesson Model 15 Value

A friend-of-a-friend is selling a Dan Wesson Monson, Mass Model 15-2, .357Mag, blued w/ hardwood grips and a 4" barrel. Does not come with a barrel wrench, feeler gauge or even a box or case...just the gun.

I'd rate the condition as A to A+...it has been fired, but very little, and never carried. No holster wear, scratches etc. Action is tight.

What would you guys pay for the revolver described above? If anyone has a guide I would be interested in knowing what the "book" value is...as well as input from everyone.

Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Dan Wesson Model 15 Value

i have 2. 6" barrel. paid $400 and $350, from dealer, in the past 2 years.

if you have the heavy lug barrel, they're worth a premium of probably an extra $50.

barrel tools, barrels, and cool extra parts are available at www.ewkarms.com

street price i think you'd surely get $300, maybe $400 but it might take awhile. One of the most underrated handguns in my opinion.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    i have 2. 6" barrel. paid $400 and $350, from dealer, in the past 2 years.

if you have the heavy lug barrel, they're worth a premium of probably an extra $50.

barrel tools, barrels, and cool extra parts are available at www.ewkarms.com

street price i think you'd surely get $300, maybe $400 but it might take awhile. One of the most underrated handguns in my opinion.
    Thanks for the input!

I've always wanted one too, and don't want to pass up on this one if I can get him to the right number. I have no intention of flipping it to make money on, but I do want to make sure that if I sell it in the future I get back at least what I have into it.

(Beaver County)

I have about a dozen or so DW's. Even have the rare weighted 15" barrel. 300-350 is what your going to pay at your LGS for a 4" barrel gun. The bigger the barrel the more money. And full underlug barrels do bring more. I just added a weighted 6" to my collection for 385.

These are prices assuming the gun was made in Monson, Mass. If not is drop the price by 100.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lycoming County)

I got this 4" model 2 years ago at a LGS for $270 out the door

I got this 6" model last month at Gander Mountain in their used gun case for $229

Neither had the tools or case or anything..you can pick up the barrel wrench gapper and hex bolt tools for around $35 from EWK

Both are Monson made, most accurate handguns I own also they have one of the best single action triggers ive ever used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CBennett; November 1st, 2012 at 05:58 PM.