Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Taurus PT145 anyone else like?

I Just got a PT145 off another member and I am loving it over my Glock 30 which is my normal CC. The Pt is lighter feels better in my hand not to mention i shoot it better accuracy wise. With all those positives i feel like i would be the only nut in the world to carry a Taurus over a Glock So am i? would you switch?

Default Re: Taurus PT145 anyone else like?

Quote Originally Posted by joecooltech View Post
    I Just got a PT145 off another member and I am loving it over my Glock 30 which is my normal CC. The Pt is lighter feels better in my hand not to mention i shoot it better accuracy wise. With all those positives i feel like i would be the only nut in the world to carry a Taurus over a Glock So am i? would you switch?
    don't know about the .45 but my daily carry is the pt140 mil pro... love how accurate it is after you get used to the recoil..

(Cumberland County)

The pt145 is the gun that turned me off to Taurus auto's. after 100 round or so it stopped going bang. Cleaned it up, worked again, then 50 more rounds and stopped. Got rid of it. I'm know it could happen with any gun, but I don't buy Taurus autos any more. Still buying the revolvers, no issues.

(Monroe County)

THis gun gets mixed reviews over on the Taurus boards ,read up on it , i'm a member there too.

Taurus issued a new design magazine that cleared up the malfs, so make sure you are getting the new mags with the Gun, the guys on the Taurus board www.taurusarmed.net will tell you how to identify the new series mags or just call Taurus CS and they can tell you.
    Last edited by mrnyman; November 1st, 2012 at 01:36 AM.

(Northampton County)

I have the pt111 no issues with it yet. I haven't had to long yet but have really grown fond of it. I love the size of it for iwb carry. Even when I know I can conceal my 1911 with what I'm wearing I still go to the Taurus for comfortablity.

I think it'll serve you well, and carry what you like screw who says what.

(Bucks County)

Had one. Accuracy was so-so. The guide rod started pushing through the frame(a well-known issue with this model now) so I dumped it. Would I carry it over a Glock? No f'n way.

(York County)

I've carried a PT145 Millenium for the last two years. Every time I pulled the trigger, it went bang. Now I use it as a BUG in favor of my PT24/7 G2.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Taurus PT145 anyone else like?

I've had one for several years and it works every time. as far as accuracy, I't will still hit a steel plate (9") at 25 yards each and every time. I use it as my N.J. gun cause if I have to carry BALL ammo I prefer it to be .45 ACP.jmop

(Lycoming County)

IMO if oyu get a brand new one you will be fine id not take a used one though. Ive heard problems with the older ones but the new ones seem to have cleared that up. and yeah as far as ERGONOMICS go its honestly hard to beat for its price...IMO for CC its got almost the perfect combo of grips,size and its just comfortable in the hand(unlike for me Glocks which the grips just SUCK though the gun is fine) the only glock id bother owning is a 36 its the only one that fits my hand..so yes id take that over any glock but the 36.

(Monroe County)

THe PT 111 9mm were never a problem, they were good to go from day one, the older PT145's are a problem, like i said Taurus designed a new magazine for the Gun that solves the problem, if you buy a new PT145 naturally you will be getting the new mags with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast