Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default MK2 "pineapple" grenade parts.

When I was in the service during hand grenade training, our Drill Sergeants put just the detonator into some practice grenades and they would have a small explosion. It literally just made a loud bang and they could hold the dummy in their hand with no problems.

Now say hypothetically someone came across a few MK2 empty's. They have no explosive's in them what-so-ever. Is there some place that you can get those detonator charges, and more importantly is it legal to own/buy such things?

Default Re: MK2 "pineapple" grenade parts.

you can buy old Grenades. The Explosive charge is removed and the fuse. Externally they look the same. Also the bottom screw is removed that holds the Powder. Most gun shows have them for sale for under 20 bucks. As for Detonators it doesnt sound like a good idea to own them! IANAL
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

Can't site you the exact law but the training aid fuses are not available for a pretty good reason, I remember one of my knuckleheads making a semi real grenade with some training aid parts and some black powder, bad news all around plus the illegality of the device plus an actual fuse inserted. That would be an invite for a visit at night.

(Susquehanna County)

I recall years back some poor Doofus was arrested for possession of grenade casings, cannon fuse and smokeless powder. Once his arrest was announced in the newspapers nothing more was ever heard.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    you can buy old Grenades. The Explosive charge is removed and the fuse. Externally they look the same. Also the bottom screw is removed that holds the Powder. Most gun shows have them for sale for under 20 bucks. As for Detonators it doesnt sound like a good idea to own them! IANAL
    There may or may not be one that has a solid bottom, also a rifle propelled grenade and the adapter for the MK2's to be propelled. I just thought it would be cool if someone would be able to make it "pop" to just show off how it could potentially work. Never actually putting explosive's in it of course.