Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Taurus 24/7 pro problems

Any one here having a problem with the Taurus 24/7 pro. Took mine to the range and the slide locked in the open position and was unable to free it.
    The gunsmith looked at it and had to send it back to the factory. He thinks that the internal locking mec failed some how.
    Anyone else have issues???

(Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus 24/7 pro problems

Quote Originally Posted by NY Refugee View Post
    Any one here having a problem with the Taurus 24/7 pro. Took mine to the range and the slide locked in the open position and was unable to free it.
    The gunsmith looked at it and had to send it back to the factory. He thinks that the internal locking mec failed some how.
    Anyone else have issues???
    There's a post on here recently about someone who (I think) had their ILS lock up on their pt1911...

The problems I see with those guns are numerous, it doesn't tend to be specific to just one part that likes to fail.

Had a student to whom this happen during cwp qualification, it was a 24/7 chambered in .40S&W. Fortunatly she had a second pistol with her.
    It may not be endemic to this model and may have just been an isolated incident.
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor.

My 24/7 ss LS 40 is a good gun of good design. It feels good in my hand and is fairly accurate the gun seens to combine the features of the 1911 (cock and lock) and ergonomics of the Glock. The take down can be a little diifcult getting the slide lock pin back in (compared to a 1911, Glock or Beretta) but its a pretty durable and reliable gun.

At one point there waas some people having magazine probllems (msotly with 13 shot 45acp) that problems has been resolved. My 40 s&w is a 15 shot gun and I've had no problems with it shooting 925fps ammo and faster, it doesn't like target loaded 40 cal just like the Glock or 8040 where as the Beretta 96s will shoot anything. So the Taurus is not a Glock or Beretta but it adds the 24/7 to the reputation of its reliable PT92,99 100,101 series and PT809,840, & 845 models.

The 2nd Generation 24/7 and 800 series have solved the confused take down problem they come with or without a manual saftey and a Glock like take down swicht the 24/7 looks very Glock like now. I wish I would have waited but I like my 24/7 its a full featured fullsize fighting pistol with 15 rounds of 40 s&w.

you can clear type I, II, or III malfunction during a fight, but shit like this can be costly. i just sent my 24/7 pro 45 back to taurus for light primer strikes.

Most of the trouble I've had with my 24 7 has been due to curdy reloads. As l9ng as I do a good job reloading or shoot factory ammo this 24 7 works 24 7 and does a good job doing it. It is a nicely designed gun that feels and looks like it means business. I'd rate it right along side the great PT92 that Taurus makes and as I stated its gone to looking and operating like a Glock more its probably will be even more reliable and easy to use.

We will see Taurus got a long way before it can match Glocks reputation in the Gun world.