I have researched a few but I had some questions that some of the experienced shooters on this forum may be able to assist with..beyond what I've already read on this site and on the websites of the ranges.

I live on the southern side of Allentown (Salisbury) and the ranges that seem to be an appropriate driving distance are:

Guthsville Rod and Gun Club
Firing Line
Easton Fish and Game Association
Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club
Alburtis Rod and Gun Club
Macungie Rod and Gun Club
Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club

First some background...

What I'm really looking for is somewhere to develop my shooting skills. I've only been out once so far, and my intention is to try to go out monthly, or even twice monthly to fire around 100 rounds per month. This is what my current budget would allow.

The range I have visited was the Firing Line, which seems to be the most highly priced of all the ranges (as the others are clubs, of course). It also seems to be the only range where I can shoot practically as close as I want.

I'm highly novice, no doubt, hitting maybe 6" groups at about 15 feet in my first outing. Not afraid to admit that. I know practice will help develop my accuracy, but I don't want to be missing targets entirely and looking like a fool.

It seems most of the clubs have 25 yard pistol ranges, and the only one that explicitly says that it offers shorter target placement is Easton Fish and Game (at 7 yards being the closest).

So my questions:

Do any other clubs offer shorter target placement than 25 yards?

Does anyone have personal experience they'd like to share about going to any of those clubs as a novice?

I appreciate any insight.

Trying to be a well educated and informed new shooter.

Dennis