Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default The Gun Range (Old Colosimo's range)

Does anyone have any experience with this place? From the thread here, I gather it is still rather new. Has anyone been here?
    Last edited by urbanecho; October 28th, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The Gun Range (Old Colosimo's range)

urbanecho-
    i went there and was told they don't have an ffl, they cant sell guns, they won't allow an individual to rent guns, you must come as a party of 2 to rent. their sign and building could be better lit. They do not have a defined parking lot, but there is street parking. since I am one person, this place will not work out for me. i like to rent guns that i don't have.
    Last edited by pretzelman; November 8th, 2012 at 05:03 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelman View Post
    urbanecho-
    i went there and was told they don't have an ffl, they cant sell guns, they won't allow an individual to rent guns, you must come as a party of 2 to rent. their sign and building could be better lit. They do not have a defined parking lot, but there is street parking. since I am one person, this place will not work out for me. i like to rent guns that i don't have.
    This is the first time of ever hearing you need two people to rent a lane? why would they not rent to one paying person who wants to rent a lane and enjoy the time shooting at thier facility???

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    This is the first time of ever hearing you need two people to rent a lane? why would they not rent to one paying person who wants to rent a lane and enjoy the time shooting at thier facility???
    Renting a lane and renting a gun are different. They probably want to deter loners from showing up, taking a rental gun and then killing themselves with it.

(Philadelphia County)

philbert & vetter-
    "Renting a lane and renting a gun are different. They probably want to deter loners from showing up, taking a rental gun and then killing themselves with it. "

yes. that is basically what the man told me. I have to ask: I thought the city had a problem with straw purchases, not gun-range suicide.

Are there that many unstable people who are trying to go to a gun range in the city (philly), rent a gun, and then blow their brains out? Wouldn't a few beers, a few whiskey/vodka shots, or a strip-club visit be more enjoyable?

i thought the gun range purpose was to improve one's aim...

(Philadelphia County)

philbert & vetter-
    "Renting a lane and renting a gun are different. They probably want to deter loners from showing up, taking a rental gun and then killing themselves with it. "

yes. that is basically what the man told me. I have to ask: I thought the city had a problem with straw purchases, not gun-range suicide.

Are there that many unstable people who are trying to go to a gun range in the city (philly), rent a gun, and then blow their brains out? Wouldn't a few beers, a few whiskey/vodka shots, or a strip-club visit be more enjoyable?

i thought the gun range purpose was to improve one's aim...
    People generally don't commit suicide because it's the smart thing to do. If they had the ability to make reasonable decisions they wouldn't be holding a gun to their heads in a public place.

I don't know how many there are but it only takes one to shut down your range for days (or maybe more), losing you lots of business and getting your name in the papers for all the wrong reasons. Then there's the threat of lawsuits from the family who claim that it should have been obvious that they guy was going to off himself, and maybe your own insurers read all this going on and decide that you're not worth the risk.

(Delaware County)

urbanecho-
    They don't have an ffl? Are they waiting for the application process? How did they even get a city license to operate a gun related business without an FFL? Can they even sell ammo without an FFL? I never was in the gun business, but one would think to deal with a wholesale supplier of ammo, one would have to have a state and federal license to sell guns.

As far as the 2 to rent policy, they are not the first to initiate this practice. The last time I was at Targetmaster, I believe I read a sign relative to rules that state such a practice.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    They don't have an ffl?
    It's complex. They actually DO have an FFL (which is federal), but the state of PA was stalling them for many months at this point in order to give them PA's gun retailer licence (or whatever the heck it's officially called), despite the fact, that all t's were crossed with feds.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

[QUOTE=Metz;2187509]It's complex. They actually DO have an FFL (which is federal), but the state of PA was stalling them for many months at this point in order to give them PA's gun retailer licence (or whatever the heck it's officially called), despite the fact, that all t's were crossed with feds.[/QUOTE

If the ATF makes a check and learns that the establishment does not have a Pa. license, the treasury dept. could shut them down.. Many years ago I applied for a ffl and was paid a visit by two atf. agents. At that time the agents stated that I would have to apply for and have a state license to sell firearms to be in compliance as a holder of an ffl.

(Berks County)

I thought the city had a problem with straw purchases, not gun-range suicide.Thanks you .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast