Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not too bad of an idea if you ask me

If you ask me, there are a couple of politicians with good ideas. They are good ideas, even if they don't get passed.

Arming some teachers in a school is a darned good idea to me. Happened in Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061215/...rming_teachers
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Not too bad of an idea if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by SGTUSArmy View Post
    Arming some teachers in a school is a darned good idea to me. Happened in Israel.
    it absolutely is a great idea. and one that seems like a no-brainer.

it worked very well in israel.

(Erie County)

There already was/is some state trying to do this. I thought it was Wisconsin maybe? Minnesota? Somewhere around there I thought. This was 2 months ago I believe?

Edit: Found it http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/061....pa1bxjsu.html

It was Wisconsin

One of the news agencys had the legislature on and some little f**knut from the Brady Campaign. The Brady Campaign person looked like an idiot, but the lawmaker forgot to cite the most prominate example of arming people. Pilots
    Last edited by KeithPA; December 15th, 2006 at 11:38 PM.

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Luke_Woodham

http://judicial-inc.biz/Pearl_High.htm

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/OthWr/principal&gun.htm

Those are just a few references of the vice-principal in Pearl, Mississippi stopping the shooting by the student. The principal ran off school grounds to his truck, retrieved his pistol and ammo, and loaded it, then subdued the kid.

http://saf.org/pub/rkba/general/Gun_Control_Wont.html

This one is about James Straud, who stopped a kid with a gun in Edinboro, PA.

BTW, even though I don't reference him much, I like John Lott. A little on the eccentric side, but I like his findings a lot.
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Erie County)

Interesting articles. I think that just means its a good idea for teachers to have guns.

The Edinboro one was at a school dance at Nick's Place just down the road. I don't remember if that is the owner that grabbed his shotgun or who it was. Can't say I watched the news all that much back when that happened. Cept it was on 24/7 here since it happened right down the road so I recall some of the details.

(Luzerne County)

I think Utah is allowing teacher carry in school and one of the members on PDO who lives in Utah awho gives Utah handgun training has offered his class free to all Utah teachers who wish to carry. I think his last name is Apshon or something close to it.

Yes I feel it is a great idea that permitted concealed carry should be allowed in K-12 of every state especially my own Keystone state.

I had already sent all my letters with regards to such off to my legislators back right after the Amish children were shot. I explained as best I could that the current system and ineffective laws only serve to make children, teachers, and staff a safe haven to perpetuate such a terrible crime and allows sick individuals the time to complete what they want and then be glorified in the press with all the media attention. Should there be the possibility of someone or several inside these schools (K-12) that may be armed it would probably make most think twice and pick easier pray, but as it is now unfortunately our kids are the easiest pray there is.

(Berks County)

I've commented on this in another thread, but I find the Israelis an interesting and great example of how an armed society can be a safe one. Massad Ayoob also commented on the Israelis:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

He cites in this article that since Israeli teachers and parents have carried in schools, there has only been ONE act of violence on Israeli students, and guess when it was? It took place on a school trip where the school's administration asked the teachers and parent volunteers not to carry; the PLO found out and attacked them, knowing they would unarmed and easy targets.

He also cites a number of examples where suicide bombers were put down quickly by passers-by that were armed. Stopped the threat immediately, before anyone was hurt and before the police even knew there was a problem. Of course, none of that makes the news.

Funny how the Israelis are, on the subject of carrying weapons for defense, living more an American life than most Americans are.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

I've commented on this in another thread, but I find the Israelis an interesting and great example of how an armed society can be a safe one.
    Unfortunately we have 3 things that the Israelis don't. The Brady Campaign, NYC, and San Francisco. Nuke those three and I'm sure we could end up like Israel, and become a better armed and safer society.

If a teacher has a LTC in PA; and we have come to conclusion (since no one has ever been charged) that "other lawful purposes" would then allow that teacher to carry in the the school? (although I don't know if there is anything in the teachers contract that says they can't carry).

(Chester County)

Well I kinda agree and dis-agree about Israel;I can't remember where I read it but although the teachers are armed Israel isn't as gun friendly towards the populace as a whole as one may seem.Also while I do like teachers being able to carry if the are properly trained with our law suit happy ACLU society I could only imagine the law suits if a teacher had to take a students life.Also just how many teachers are actualy PRO-GUN? Awfull lot of them are very liberal

Maybe I just grew up in the right cities or the East Coast is too liberalized. Most of my teachers looked forward to deer season. One took a few days off every year and went to Kansas to hunt pheasant. (the chiggers killed pheasant in central Oklahoma). I had another teacher that would help organize the annual Turkey Shoot. Of course, in Oklahoma it is still legal to have a rifle/shotgun in the gun rack of your pickup. (so long as it is unloaded.)
    Army Strong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast