Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New to 5.56

(Philadelphia County)

Default New to 5.56

picked up a Colt a few weeks ago an im burnt out already from all of the differenet ammunition choices out there. i need something for target shooting an something for when the democrats run out of other peoples money........the later should be able to penetrate light barriers i.e urban enviorment..............so far im leaning towards
    m855 for target an maybe mk318 mod0 for everything else...............your thoughts ?

(Blair County)

Default Re: New to 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    picked up a Colt a few weeks ago an im burnt out already from all of the differenet ammunition choices out there. i need something for target shooting an something for when the democrats run out of other peoples money........the later should be able to penetrate light barriers i.e urban enviorment..............so far im leaning towards
    m855 for target an maybe mk318 mod0 for everything else...............your thoughts ?
    For practice, m193 will be fine. If you happen to find someone with some steel they won't be real happy with you shooting it with steel core stuff.

As for the flavor of the month in best SD ammo, the new trend seems to be anything loaded with barnes bullets. The 53 grain is gaining alot of attention. Seems to offer the "whole package". If you wanna go for the heavier loadings, make sure your barrel will stabilize them before you make a big purcahse.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Philadelphia County)

my barrels a 1/7 twist...............thanks for your help, ill look into barnes

(Bucks County)

1/7 is good to go for heavier bullets.

(Lackawanna County)

For plinking i look for whatever brass ammo i can find in 32 cents per round range. For stressfull situations I stock up with xm855.