Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Thinking of switching to the dark side (glock side)

So I've been looking for a set of pistols, basically I want a full size and a compact that take the same magazines. They have to cost less than $600 each new and the mags have to cost under $30 each. Also the full size has to hold 15+ rounds in the mag. So far my only option is to switch to either s&w m&p series, xdm or glock. But the issue I have with the first 2 is the cost of magazines is to high. Also in the eventuality that they start producing more ARs in .40 s&w it be nice to be able to use the glock mags in that.

So what's the pros and cons of a glock and are there any other pistols that meet those criteria? For the record my current carry is a xdsc in .40
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Thinking of switching to the dark side (glock side)

Pros: high availability of accessories, strong history of reliability/accuracy, well balanced, meets your price requirements, high resale(if u were to ever want for some reason), consistent trigger, magazine interchangeability/availability, durable finish, low maintenance, good customer service.
    Cons: some don't like they way they point, ho-hum appearance.

(Lackawanna County)

I have a Gen 3 glock 17. I love it! I eventually want to buy a g26 for the same reasons of ammo and interchangeable mags. I don't know if you ever shot a glock before but you definatly should try to shoot one before you shell out that kind of money. glock mags are reasonable priced in my opinion. you can order them from botach tactical for as good a price as anywhere with free shipping. ultimately the decision is yours and what feels good and accurate in your hands. but if I had that kind of scratch around to spend on pistols I would go with the glocks. if your in the Scranton area your more then welcome to meet up with me and shoot my g17 to see if you like it.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Allegheny County)

I recently added a G17 Gen 4. Been nothing but happy with it. If you want a Glock with a little slimmer of a grip and less hump. I'd check one out. I also have a subcompact. So everything interchanges.

(Warren County)

I resisted the dark side for quite a while, even bought and then sold off a 17 & a 22..... just didn't click with me or blend in well with my Sig's or Kimbers..... I just like metal guns..... but then I came across a good deal on a Glock 31.. since I already had a couple guns in 357 Sig I figured what the hell. Dang thing is ugly as sin(keep them on different shelf in my safe from my metal guns), but its a dang good shooter. I hit very well with it so I kept it and recently I came across a 32 for a good price and picked it up. I don't care for anything smaller, like a place for all my fingers on my guns. If I want to carry something smaller then I'll grab my SP101 or maybe my Colt Commando or Cobra. I picked up both guns for a good bit under your $600 price tag, the 31 came with 6 mags and the 32 with 2. If your patient a good deal will pop up if not on here then on another forum or gunshop you frequent. Hope this helps.....

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    So I've been looking for a set of pistols, basically I want a full size and a compact that take the same magazines. They have to cost less than $600 each new and the mags have to cost under $30 each. Also the full size has to hold 15+ rounds in the mag. So far my only option is to switch to either s&w m&p series, xdm or glock. But the issue I have with the first 2 is the cost of magazines is to high. Also in the eventuality that they start producing more ARs in .40 s&w it be nice to be able to use the glock mags in that.

So what's the pros and cons of a glock and are there any other pistols that meet those criteria? For the record my current carry is a xdsc in .40
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Smile Re: Thinking of switching to the dark side (glock side)

Reduced my Glocks but still own G-26,19,22,They work every time !

(Cumberland County)

Have a G-26, 19 and 34....you can add to the saying the only sure thing in this world is death and taxes....amend to include and my Glock goes bang.

(Washington County)

How about a 35 and a 22. Or even a 22 and a 23?
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Northumberland County)

The dark side is fun. We have kool aid.

(Montgomery County)

I resisted the Glock club up until about 7 months ago. I picked up a 35. I must say that even though I find them to be ugly pistols, the 35 has impressed me with the accuracy I get. I may pick up a 22 or one in 10mm.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast